Chapter 8

The next day, Lizzie and Sebastian were hanging out by the old mills property. Lizzie still didn't know what she was going to do, would she turn into a vampire or not. She was hoping Sebastian would help her decided.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked her

"I'm still thinking about whether I should turn into a vampire, or not. What do you think I should do?" She asked

"Lizzie I don't know. Being a vampire can be amazing, but we have to watch the people we care for most in the world die. The hunger we feel is dangerous, especially if we can't control it. I can't tell you what to do in this situation. I would love for you to become a vampire and experience everything I have, but I can't make that big of a choice for you." Sebastian said

"Fine, let's just stop talking about that. Come on we have to go to class, My dad already warned me not to miss class anymore." Lizzie said making her way towards the school. Sebastian following her.

They both went to their classes, Lizzie couldn't stop thinking about what she was going to do, there was no other way to avoid the merge except turn into a vampire. She only had 6 more years as a human before she would have to die and turn. Suddenly the power went out, this had never happened at school. Lizzie got up from her seat and left class and went to find Alaric.

"Dad, why did the lights go out?" Lizzie asked him

"I don't know, let's go find out," Alaric said, they made their way to the back of the school and checked the electricity box.

"Someone cut the wires," Alaric said

"Who would do that?" Lizzie asked

"I don't know, but we better find out," Alaric said. They went back to school. Alaric instructed everyone to go to their dorms, until further notice. Lizzie went to find Sebastian. She was on her way to his dorm, she heard something strange coming from the basement. That was where they kept all the mechanical things. She entered the basement and saw something behind one of the machines.

"Who's there?" Lizzie called out. The creature looked up and looked at Lizzie

"What, the hell? What are you?" She asked. The creature broke one of the main power lines to the school. It closed the gates of the school and the main entrance. The creature next attacked Lizzie. It slashed her stomach, and bit into her neck. She screamed in horror. After the creature left the basement, leaving Lizzie on the ground bleeding.

Sebastian was roaming the halls looking for Lizzie. He didn't know if she had gone to her room or if she was with Alaric. He made his way to Alaric's office to check if she was there. Before he could reach his office, he bumped into him.

"Alaric, do you know where Lizzie is, I can't find her anywhere?" Sebastian asked

"No, I thought she was with you. Have you checked her room?" Alaric asked

"Yea, I went by there, Josie was the only one there. She said Lizzie never got to the room." He responded

"Well, then I don't know. When you find her, meet me in her room, I'm going to go see if Josie figured out what did this." Alaric said, and he walked to the twins room. Sebastian nodded in his direction. He was walking down the hallway and smelled blood coming from the basement. He went into the basement and saw Lizzie on the floor, with a slash across her stomach and a bite on her neck. He quickly went over to her too see if she was alive. He could barely feel a pulse, he picked her up and took her to her dorm, where Alaric and Josie were.

"Come on Lizzie don't die." He whispered. The night before, he kept thinking about Lizzie turning into a vampire, he realized that he couldn't take her human side away from her. She had helped him see things differently, then he believed. He still wanted Lizzie to become the worst parts of herself, but not by turning into a vampire. He got to her room and kicked the door open, startling Alaric and Josie.

"What happened to her?" Alaric asked

"I don't know after I talked to you I smelled blood coming from the basement, so I went to see what it was and I found her laying on the floor. She barely has a pulse. Whatever cut the power, did this to her." Sebastian explained, placing Lizzie on her bed.

"Can't you give her your blood?" Josie asked

"She has my blood in her system, it's the only thing keeping her alive right now," Sebastian said

"What do you mean she has your blood in your system?" Alaric asked

"Last night after we came back, I gave her some of my blood so it would heal the bite wound on her hand," Sebastian said

"Dad, we have to do something, she barely breathing," Josie said

"We need to stop the bleeding on her neck, bring me some towels," Alaric ordered Josie.

"Sebastian I need you to tell me if she still has a heartbeat," Alaric said looking at him. Sebastian closed his eyes concentrating on her heartbeat until it just stopped.

"She's gone. I can't hear her heartbeat anymore." Sebastian said stumbling backward.

"If she died with your blood in her system, does that mean she'll come back as a vampire?" Josie asked

"She didn't want this, she told me she didn't want to become a vampire," Sebastian said. Alaric was in shock, he couldn't believe his daughter was dead. Everyone stayed there in silent forgetting that they were in crisis. Suddenly someone barged into the room. It was Hope.

"Come one we need to get rid of that thing," Hope said.

"Who are you?" Alaric asked

"My name's Jessica. I'm here to help you get rid of the things that killed your daughter." Hope said

"How are you going to help us? What are you?" Josie asked

"I'm a tribrid. Part witch, part werewolf, part vampire. It's a long story, but that thing out there will hurt someone else unless we stop it. It already destroyed the main power line, that open and closes the main entrance. Meaning we are stuck inside the school with no escape. I know a way to stop it. Come on." Hope said

"I'll stay with until she wakes up. She shouldn't wake up alone. You guys go kill the things that killed her." Sebastian said. Alaric nodded at him and left with Hope and Josie.

"How are we going to kill that thing?" Josie asked

"I know a spell, but first we have to find it," Hope said

"How do you know about this school?" Alaric asked while they searched for the creature.

"I heard about it a while back. My parents wanted to send me here, but then they died, so I just kept going on my own, until now." Hope said

"How are you a tribrid, you can't be a witch, a werewolf and a vampire at the same time?" Alaric asked

"My grandmother was a powerful, witch, she passed that down to my father, who was also a werewolf, but then turned into a hybrid. And my mother was a werewolf. All those things passed down to me. Turning me into a tribrid. I activated my werewolf curse when I accidentally killed someone." Hope explained

"I'll explain everything else, once we kill that thing." She said

"And what exactly is it?" Josie asked

"A gremlin. They cause chaos messing with machinery. They are extremely lethal." Hope said. They got to the common room and saw the gremlin there.

"Repeat after me," Hope said extending her hand so Josie could siphon magic from her. They said the incantation. And the gremlin died.

"Thanks, Jessica we couldn't have gotten rid of that thing without you," Alaric said, smiling at her, she nodded in his direction. They all made their way back to Lizzie. Sebastian was sitting next to her holding her hand.

"Anything?" Alaric asked Sebastian shook his head. They waited there for hours waiting for Lizzie to wake up, but nothing was happening. They knew that any second she would open her eyes. Out of nowhere, Sebastian heard her heart beating again. Suddenly her piercing blue eyes flew open.