Instinct

Ryuketsu's POV

I hear someone running behind me, so I think...

I'm inside my brain. Think that you flow you blood a little bit faster without dying.

I feel my heart pumping, blood racing....

You're doing it, brain. You are doing it.

I, then, pick my pace faster. Faster than the usual. Then I can feel the force of the wind, rushing towards me. I can't feel anything on my whole body, but lower body is taking me somewhere else. Then something caught my hand.

My feet missed a step on a branch and directly sent me downward. The tree was pretty high, and I got to see a glimpse of the thing that caught my hand.

I saw a pair of Blue Cobalt eyes.

Definitely not something.

The first thing that my instinct told me is....

I quickly grab his body by putting my arm around him behind his back. And did the same to my other arm around him, leaving him engulfed inside your arms. He was stiff at the moment, but then try to turn our bodies so I would have landed on him.

I hugged him tighter and I encircled my legs with his, my feet pointing at his ankles so he can't move at the spare time. Then my back hit the ground, which I thought it snapped since I arch my back from preventing Giyu to move.

My back hurts, really hurts. And by that I free his body, pushing his body to the side. Just not near me. I let both of my arms lay flatly on the ground as well as both of my legs. Looking like a starfish.

But then I heard some shuffling, so I hurried stood up and run as fast as possible, doing what I just did earlier. Not looking back.

I don't want to get into another brawl with him.

-

"You ass, why would you do that?" A sweet yet cold voice harshly said, but still soft. While treating my wounded wrist with bandages.

"Well, I don't know either, my instinct told me. Unlike you, thirst to kill a sister of your co-demon slayer." I spat back.

Then I felt a harsh slap at the back of my head, making my head go forward. I rubbed at the spot that Shinobu slap me at.

I'm at the butterfly estate, successfully sneaking in, in her own room. Shinobu quickly gather her equipment and went straight treating my wounds.

Since my job is a demon slayer after all, I can go in and out of here. But I think it's safe for me to hide my identity. And luckily, Oyakata-sama respect my decision, even though he wants to show me to my other co-demon slayer. I'm just not ready.

I look at Shinobu, smiling softly but there is something brutal in her eyes.

"Well, at least, I'm not the one who wants to hide their identity." She said, sarcastically while laughing lightly.

I rarely see Shinobu laugh, so I just let her tease me. And just smiled at the moment. She admitted she's always angry and just plastering an innocent smile on her face just to cover up.

I grab both of her hands and she looks at warily.

"Arigato gozaimasu, Shinobu-san." I thanked her while she just stare into my eyes. She quickly engulfed me a hug, and emitted a sob. I rub her back, in attempts to relax her.

Maybe she remembered her again....

~

Third Person POV

After Shinobu was finally calm down, she told Ryuketsu that she will be in the trial. And while Ryuketsu was called by Oyakata-sama. They shared a hug and parted ways.

Ryuketsu successfully went to Ubayashiki's home, without getting caught. She greeted the pair of twins, and also Ubayishiki's only son. She also greeted his wife, in respect before mentioning that she was called by Oyakata.

She went in to the room and saw Ubayishiki sitting on the edge. She bowed down and let her presence be know to him.

"What can I do for you, Oyakata-sama?" She ask, still bowed down. Ubayashiki turn his head behind him and looked at Ryuketsu.

"Sit down first, my child." She obediently followed and sat.

"Could you come closer, child." She was taken back by the request. Nevertheless, she followed and sat beside him. She dangled her legs, since Ubayishiki already know this habit of her and didn't mind it at all.

"How are you doing, Ryu?" he suddenly ask, breaking the silence between the two.

"I'm doing fine, Master. How about you?" She ask back. He smiled at how she ask back, of how she's really concerned about him. Like all of his child does too.

"Don't you still want to be a Hashira?" Ubayishiki ask. Ryu still thinks about it while looking at the sky.

"I still think I can't, Master. I still have to let myself in to my promise for my brother. I still have this in me to avenge." Ryu said, smiling. Remembering what her brother's last words for her.

Vengeance is not yours. It will never be yours. Do the job, for other can't experience it.

"Bless your brother for teaching her sister such a lesson. But don't you think it's your time?" Ubayashiki asked.

"I still think I really can't, Master." Ryu said, without any regrets. Ubayashiki's face itched a little bit of disappointment of himself. Of failing to let you part of his family officially. And for forcing you to the things you don't want.

"But don't worry, Oyakata-sama. I accept your offer." Ubayashiki isn't the type of person to be surprised at moments, since he knew what was going to happen after. But he didn't see this.

His assumptions are true after all, she's different. Not different from others. There's just something different about her, from her abilities to her use of breath.

But still that's not the reason why he agree with her not telling about her to others.

He wants to protect her from Muzan who was finding scraps to make his life last forever.

He knew Muzan is just gonna use her as conduit for his life. And Ubayashiki didn't want that for her, nor everyone that loves her.

*

Wahhhh another update. I wasn't going to post anything, due to school stuff that has been taking my time. But don't worry, next next week I might be able to write and eventually post it.

But another important thing, thank you so much for reading this fanfic. We have 50+ views, even though there's no votes I'm still thankful. The views has really kept me going, and motivates me to do my projects (and of course, God also). So thank you

And with that, happy reading. And hope you have a great day!

<(-︿-)>