Don't do that anymore

SPOILER AHEAD!!

~

Ryuketsu's POV

We've been fighting off demons for several minutes now, and Rengoku-san has been coming in and out. The wave of demons didn't stop until a loud shout vibrates the train. It doesn't end there, the train try to halt but the sudden stop force the train to turn its back on the train.

"Hold on tight! I repeat, Hold on tight." I saw a child grasping on to an unconscious lady. I quickly went to them, as the train goes into wreck, upside down. I hug them both as the last crash of the train has a hard impact.

I pulled away from them and see that the lady has finally woken up, as the tears of the child slid on her cheeks. I wiped them off and completely stood up.

"Don't worry now. You're all safe." I look around to see the train has been in complete wreck. The only parts left is the floor boards. Suddenly, Rengoku appeared in front of me.

"Ryuketsu-san! Please protect all the people here! I am just gonna go to Kamado!" And by that he left. I wasn't even able to say something to him.

I lead the remaining survivors outside the train and let them go around me once outside.

Now that all of them has got outside, I checked once more if there's someone left in the train. I look behind me and startled at the sight.

I was about to pull off my katana, when he suddenly raise his hand up and hit me at the side of my neck. I paralyzed at the action and fall on the floor, knocking me out of my consciousness.

"You're lucky you're a woman. I would've eaten you, even if I am very much hungry." And those were the last words I heard.

-

I sat up straight, regaining at the lost breath I had. I look at my side, seeing that the sun is nearing to rise.

"RENGOKU-SAN!" I heard a loud shout outside. I fumbled with my legs trying to stand up as quickly as possible. I went outside, seeing that the people was safe. I look in front of me, seeing the terrific scene happening.

Rengoku-san's chest was pierced by the demon. I widen my eyes as I run fast towards Rengoku.

"RENGOKU!!" I yelled loudly, and caught his upper body while he was in a kneeling position. I saw Tanjiro try to catch up with the upper demon, but he was nowhere to be found in the woods.

"I want to talk to you guys at my final moments. Can you make me kneel so I can see my boys?" I nodded, still hurting at the fact that I don't have anything to do but to make up for his promise.

-

"Ryuketsu-san. Do you remember the night you protected me and heal me?" Rengoku-san broke the silence between us. He just came from the pillar meeting that was held after the situation of Tanjiro.

"Of course, Rengoku-san. Why did you ask such question?" I asked back. I heard him sigh, as he look at the moon.

"Don't do that anymore." He said coldly, opposite of him being warm and cozy. I look at him with such confusion.

"I don't want anyone to do that to me anymore." He said, while looking at me. Looking like he had remember someone.

"I respect your decisions, Rengoku-san. But just always remember, I always here for you. I know who you are thinking about. They still love you, okay?" I cup his cheek, leading his head to face me. His tears were pouring out of his eyes, as he nods his head.

I pull him into a hug, and even though he has a big built, it's the same as his heart. He nuzzled his face on my neck even more, as he hug me tighter. His warm tears slid down on my chest, as I rub and pat his back comfortingly.

Rengoku-san shows his feelings and thoughts once in a lifetime. He doesn't even do this type of things, because he knew he needs to be strong for everyone. But with me, he can't cover up his emotions. And I'm honoured to be that person for him. Very honoured.

*

Another update. WAHAHAHHAHAHA.I want Rengoku to live longer but I don't want mess up the original story. So yahh