Chapter 3

Kaira stood at the centre of her dream sanctuary. It always took her to her favourite place back home. A beautiful green forest with a bridge resting over the clearest water you'll ever see.

Kaira cherishes her memories of picnics with her parents and sibling at this forest. She would teach her sibling how to swim in the water while her parents watched them with affectionate eyes.

As she stood on the bridge, tears began to pour down her swollen eyes. Soon, her sobs began to fill the forest as she wished with all her heart that she could return to this forest back home and see her dead family just one more time.

Suddenly, Kaira felt a sudden stillness take over the forest. She felt a presence to her right, about ten feet away. Her heart began to beat extremely fast as she turned to look at the man she ran away from. Overwhelmed by her emotions of grief, and perhaps the mate pull, Kaira looked into his cold blue eyes and ran straight towards him. Her actions seemed to surprise the Alpha himself as his eyes widened when she threw herself against his body.

"Bring them back, please. Please? I'm so tired of being lonely, why did I survive but they all had to die?" Kaira sobbed and wrapped her arms around her mate, her tears staining his shirt. She felt his strong arms wrap around her shoulders, as his hand caressed the back of her head.

"I promise, I won't let you feel lonely ever again." Alpha Crimson declared as he held her tightly against himself.

Upon hearing his voice, Kaira instantly snapped out of her daze and pushed Alpha Crimson away from her. She began to take several steps away before the Alpha rushed forward to wrapped his arms around her again.

"Mine" Alpha Crimson growled possessively as his hold tightened around the young woman's small frame. He took a deep breath as well but frowned when he couldn't smell her actual scent. She had masked it with some perfume.

Alpha Crimson looked down at his beautiful mate and wiped her tears away. His palms rested on the sides of her face.

"Why do you keep running, my little mate?" Alpha Crimson whispered in a gentle voice which took both Kaira and himself by shock. He had never spoken to anyone in his life so gently before. Not even his own mother heard him speak so gently.

Kaira found herself leaning into his touch and closed her eyes. Her wolf craved her mates touch and she couldn't bring herself to back away.

Alpha Crimson smiled wholeheartedly as his mate accepted his touch and didn't pull away from him. He let his eyes roam over her beautiful dark brown hair that cascaded down in curls, her cute chubby cheeks that held hidden dimples, her plump pink lips, curvy figure and her exposed neckline.

He suddenly let out a ferocious growl at the sight of her neck though. The whole forest shook as the Alpha's growl resonated through the fields and birds could be heard flying away quickly.

"Who did this?" Alpha Crimson snarled as he gripped onto the sides of his mates trembling shoulders.

Kaira came to her senses and let out an ear piercing scream before pushing the alpha away from her. She slowly backed away from the bridge, maintaining at least five feet in between them. She had completely forgotten about the fake mate marking that she had temporarily tattooed onto her neck. 

Kaira took a good look at the mate that she came to despise in such a short amount of time. He was wearing nothing but dark grey sweat pants, his hair had grown a bit more than the last time she had caught a glimpse of it. His tattooed neck, chest and arms were on full display as he crossed his strong arms over his chest and gave her a hard look.

Kaira's eyes subconsciously drifted over his toned abs and if Kaira wasn't utterly petrified, then she might've drooled over his extremely attractive body.