Chapter 12

Kaira stirred awake because the vehicle she was inside of seemed to go over a bump. Her head felt heavy since the symptoms of her fever hadn't fully left her body yet. But still, she felt fully rested for some reason and did not remember having any nightmares. It was the first time in a while where she felt like she actually fell into a deep sleep.

Rubbing her doe like eyes ever so slowly, a quiet yawn escaped her rosy lips as she looked up and was met with a sharp jawline, covered with symbolic pack tattoos. Kaira gasped loudly before sitting up and jumping to the other side of the backseat. It took her a couple seconds to register the fact that she had been resting her head on Alpha Crimson's lap as her feet were laid out on the other end of the backseat of his Range Rover. His lingering touch that caressed her hair while she slept didn't fade away. Beta Zachariah and Theta Grant sat in the front seat with the former driving as the latter held Simba's carry-on in his lap.

"What the fuck?" Kaira screamed as Theta Grant spit out his water and Beta Zachariah almost swerved the car into the next lane. They knew that their Luna would be pissed after waking up and noticing that they had taken her away from Beta Rick's territory without letting her say goodbyes, but their Alpha had not listened to their advice.

Alpha Crimson stared at his mate, who just up until a moment ago had been resting on his lap like an angel with a smile on her sweet red lips. Hearing a swear word slip through those innocent lips of hers made certain desires awaken within his body. He wanted to grab her face and kiss her madly but held himself back. He raised one brow towards the flushed woman, as if daring her to repeat herself.

"I...you...you...my clothes! You bastard!" Kaira screamed again as she noticed a clean button up white dress shirt covering her body with a big pair of sweatpants. Both clothing pieces obviously belonged to the Alpha since his intoxicating scent rested on them.

Theta Grant sat with his mouth agape, he had never heard anyone call his Alpha such a word in his whole life. Yet, this fearless woman dared to insult him in front of others. Beta Zachariah met his excited gaze as they both only had one thought in mind: "Luna is such a badass!"

Alpha Crimson looked at his mate from head to toe before smirking at her.

"If you're asking whether, I, your mate, the man who will live with you for the rest of your life, changed your clothes. Then, the answer is yes," Alpha Crimson's devilish smirk widened when his mate stared at him with her rosy lips slightly parted in shock. Her skin looked so smooth and soft, with a slight flush of pink. It made him want to claim her right then and there.

"Shameless, did every gentleman just fall off the face of earth," Kaira mumbled angrily as she positioned herself far away from him in the backseat.

Suddenly, Kaira was pulled onto Alpha Crimson's lap again as he snaked his arms around her tiny waist and whispered into her ear, "I never claimed to be a gentleman."

Alpha Crimson buried his face into the crook of his mate's neck and took a deep breath. He had been craving her scent since the moment he woke up after she drugged him. Kaira felt her heartbeat faster as Alpha Crimson began to shower her exposed neck with kisses. He nipped at a few spots before backing away and admiring his little red love bites left on her pale skin.

"I'll let you go for now. I'm not so cruel as to use too much force on my mate when she has a fever. Be good and take your medicine once we get onto our jet after," Alpha Crimson left a gentle kiss on the top of her head and rubbed her back in soothing circles.

Kaira, who was shocked at his intimate actions, had not even heard his last words. She pushed him away from herself and repositioned herself at the other side of the backseat as the car came to a stop. Peering outside, Kaira noticed that they were at the airport.