Chapter 16

"No...stop...let them go...please....KYLO!" Kaira's body shot up from the bed she was laying on as she took in her new surroundings in surprise.

Sweat covered her forehead and face while she raised a trembling hand to move her dark hair out of her face. Simba was curled up beside her body and remained in a deep sleep, as if his owner had not just screamed at the top of her lungs from a nightmare.

The atmosphere felt off, almost as if she wasn't on solid ground. Her fearful eyes darted around the area and she realized she was sleeping in Alpha Crimson's private jet. She couldn't even remember falling asleep and didn't feel anyone carry her to the jet. It was probably because she was so sleep deprived from having not slept properly since running from her mate. 

Kaira squinted her eyes and tried to adjust to the darkness. She saw the soft glow of a lamp near the chairs that were spread out not too far from her bed. Soon all the lights turned on as Alpha Crimson threw his MacBook aside and rushed towards his mate.

"What's wrong?" Alpha Crimson questioned with worry etched onto his handsome features. He hadn't slept since he had to finish some work on his laptop and had seen Kaira shifting around in the bed, as if she was having a terrible nightmare. 

Beta Zachariah and Theta Grant were fast asleep but awoke when they heard their Luna scream. They both jumped up, prepared for battle but only saw their Alpha comforting their Luna.

"Jeez... this is why we told you to just sleep with Luna. She wouldn't have nightmares if her mate held her while she slept. But no, someone's morals stopped him from doing that," Beta Zachariah grumbled out in annoyance since he was woken up from a nice dream. Kaira's face instantly heated up as she avoided her mate's intense gaze.

"I'm fine. Sorry I woke you all up, please get some rest," Kaira replied with her eyes focusing on the two men behind her mate. They nodded towards their Luna with a respectful smile and took their seat on the sofa. By the looks of the expensive material, Kaira could tell that it was comfortable enough to be slept on, but she felt bad for taking up the whole bed herself.

"Who is Kylo?" Alpha Crimson pressed on and she realized that he wasn't going to drop it so easily. Kaira didn't want to think about her nightmare so instead of replying, she scooted over on the bed to make room for him and tugged his hand towards her.

Alpha Crimson's gaze softened, and he unbuttoned the top of his dress shirt before carefully sliding into the bed. Truthfully, he had wanted to get into the bed with her when they boarded his jet but he was afraid that he would take her right then and there in front of everyone. Plus, a certain dog had laid down beside her body and growled at him when he tried to adjust her blanket so he figured sleeping beside her was off-limits.

Kaira turned around and faced the small window as she allowed herself to get lost in her thoughts. She hadn't dreamt about Kylo in a while. He was only one part of the three part nightmare that occurred in the same day all those years ago. Kaira suppressed a shiver of disgust as her memory began to replay the trauma she had avoided all these years. Tears threatened to spill and she willed her mind to think of other things but it wouldn't listen to her.

Suddenly, a strong pair of tattoed arms wrapped around her waist and all of the thoughts attacking her mind disappeared within seconds. Kaira was truly astonished, in the past she was never able to get rid of those memories so quickly. She would lay awake all night after having woken up from a nightmare and cry until dawn.

Fearful of the effects her mate had on her, Kaira remained with her back facing him as she continued to stare out the window. She could feel his hand rubbing small circles on her back in a soothing motion and released a sigh in content. Without even realizing, she had opened her lips to reply to his previous question.