Chapter 5

Alpha Crimson exited his now damaged car with Beta Zachariah and Theta Grant in tow. There were several pack maids lined up outside the doors of Beta Rick and Carol's mansion. Since the pack house was occupied by the preparations for little Benji's birthday party, the meeting with Alpha Crimson was held in the Beta's home.

"Good to see you, Alpha Crimson. Thank you for agreeing to meet in my home," Beta Rick stated from his front porch before guiding his visitors into his office on the first floor of his home.

"You're welcome," Alpha Crimson stated haughtily before taking a seat at the head of Beta Rick's desk as if it were his own desk.

Beta Rick cleared his throat and sat down in front of the Alpha. This wasn't his first encounter with Alpha Crimson, seeing him in such a sour mood was nothing new.

"What Alpha Crimson meant is, no problem and thank you for taking care of pack matters while Alpha Cameron takes care of our territory. As you know, Alpha Cameron is quite close to our Alpha Crimson since they are cousins so we knew he would agree to our request. But that put you and your mate in a difficult position, our apologies," Theta Grant spoke as he stood behind his Alpha's chair with Beta Zachariah.

"Not at all, it is my duty to assist my Alpha during times of need. I hope the search for your mate is going well," Beta Rick stated with a smile but that quickly fell when he noticed the anger radiating off of Alpha Crimson when mentioning his mate.

"Ah, my apologies. It seems I have misspoken," Beta Rick quickly apologized, not wanting to lose his life on his sons birthday.

"No, it's okay, right Alpha Crimson?" Beta Zachariah stated as he placed his hand on his cousins shoulder.

"Yes, it is quite alright. It seems my mate has been... quite busy these days. But that's alright, once I have her, I will make sure she understands what it means to be an Alpha's mate," Alpha Crimson spoke in an eerily calm voice that had the three men in the room suppressing shudders.

"Good evening, Gentlemen! Have some coffee and tea," Carol came bounding into the room happily whilst holding a tray of refreshments.

After serving Alpha Crimson, she served her mate and then the other two guests. Noticing that the atmosphere was not good, Carol decided to lighten the mood.

"You all continue with your meeting, I have to complete the preparations. Enjoy! Oh, actually, how would you fine gentlemen like to stay for our little Benji's birthday party? Our whole pack will be there, who knows, maybe your mate will be present?" Carol spoke lightheartedly and aimed the last bit mainly towards Beta Zachariah and Theta Grant.

She heard the rumours of Alpha Crimson's mate burning her own house down. Even though it was just a rumour, she didn't find it completely unbelievable. Who would want a murderer as a mate anyway?

"Thank you for the invitation, however, we must return soon as we have a meeting with our pack tracker to find our Luna," Theta Grant politely declined the offer while glancing at his silent Alpha who drank his black coffee.

"We will attend, thank you Beta Carol" Alpha Crimson's sudden reply took everyone by surprise.

Truthfully, he did want to return as soon as possible to work on finding his mate. But, he did not want to make his Beta and Theta lose the chance of finding their mate. Plus, his wolf has been on edge ever since they entered this packs territory.

"Great! See you all tonight then," Carol replied warily before exiting the office.

Theta Grant and Beta Zachariah sent a mindlink to their Alpha, questioning why he wants to stay.