Chapter 20

"Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!" Kaira screamed with joy and gave her thanks to heaven as she sauntered into Alpha Crimson's master bedroom. Leighton left to visit her mate who Kaira learnt is a pack warrior named Leo Attix, a sweet man who would do anything Leighton asked.

Before escaping with Leighton after that embarrassing meeting, Kaira used the excuse of needing to go to the bathroom in the pack house. Instead she sprinted into the pack house's laundry room and stole a pair of red, lace underwear and bra from the washed pile while the maids were distracted. Although the bra and underwear were clean, it still held the faint scent of a woman and Kaira planned to use this to her advantage in the near future.

"What's got my daughter so happy?" Katherine's soft voice fell into Kaira's ears as she quickly hid the underwear under the bed and turned towards her mate's mother.

"Mom! What are you doing here?" Kaira questioned nervously as her big innocent hazel eyes wandered around the room.

"Kay asked me to keep you company. I heard what happened at the meeting..." Katherine began and Kaira instantly gulped in fear.

"I didn't do it on purpose, mama! I swear, I didn't intentionally embarrass Alpha Crimson, I mean Kayden, it was a misunderstanding! Yeah, a misunderstanding, aha. Please don't be mad at me, Mama?" Kaira broke out into a cold sweat as images of the former Luna attacking her for embarrassing Alpha Crimson poured into her mind. She really didn't want to die today, everyone knew how protective Luna's are of their children.

A soft, melodic laugh filled the air as Katherine began to laugh at the younger woman's rambling. She crossed the room and pulled Kaira into a gentle embrace.

"You really are the sweetest girl, aren't you? Mama would never be angry with you, don't you worry about a thing. I found out what happened from Kay, I am so happy to have such a brave, caring daughter who would fight her own mate to protect orphans that she never met. You make this mama very proud, thank you" Kaira hugged the older woman back and began to cry into her arms. For how many years has she yearned to hear those words from her mom and feel her mom's warmth?

"Thanks, mama" Kaira whispered before releasing the older woman and wiping her tears away in embarrassment as the older woman nodded her head with a motherly smile.

"Also, Kay wanted me to make sure that you are alright. He noticed that you seemed shaken up by those Alphas and Betas. He would like you to know that they all work under our family, you are their ruler and there will never be a situation in which you must apologize to them. We will always protect you, dear. Do whatever you want, you will always have us there to help you, understood?" Katherine promised as the younger girl nodded her head and gave her a bright smile.

"Understood! Thank you, Mama!" Kaira gave her the sweetest smile she could and offered to make dinner for everyone.

"Oh no, that's alright! I am going to have dinner with Leighton and Leo. Besides, my son would kill us if we intruded on your first time cooking dinner for him!" she teased as Kaira's face flushed red and she began to ramble off nonsense again to rebuke what the older woman said.

***

"SOMETIMES I THINK I THINK TOO MUCH, CAN'T STOP MY THOUGHTS COME ALL AT ONCE, MAYBE I'M CRAZY MAYBE WHO KNOWS, COULDA BEEN EASY ALL ALONG, BUT SOMETIMES I THINK I THINK TOO MUCH" Kaira sang happily as she skipped around Alpha Crimson's luxurious kitchen and made dinner. She was completely oblivious to the three men who had just entered the mansion and had stopped at the entrance of the kitchen.

Kaira had showered after Katherine left and couldn't find any suitable pajamas to wear since all of hers were revealing nightgowns. Instead, she opted for one of Alpha Crimson's black dress shirts that fit her like a dress. She wasn't wearing a bra since she didn't have the habit of doing so while at home but made sure to wear underwear under the long shirt. Her long wet hair was thrown into a messy bun so that it wouldn't get into the food.