Chapter 6

The three men approached the ballroom of Beta Rick's sons birthday party, all dressed in tuxedos. Alpha Crimson wore a black tuxedo designed by Gucci, while Beta Zachariah wore a red tuxedo and Theta Grant wore a green tuxedo, both designed by Ralph Lauren.

"I still don't get why we are prolonging our search for Luna by going to this child's party," Beta Zachariah grumbled as a pack maid opened the door of the ballroom for them.

"I already explained myself," Alpha Crimson glared at his childish cousin in annoyance. He was already fighting to keep his wolf under control and his cousins comments weren't helping.

Theta Grant cleared his throat, and began to speak, wanting to rid himself of the awkward tension.

"I wonder if that shewolf will be here... you know, the one who damaged Alpha's car twice," Theta Grant mused as Beta Zachariah smiled wildly at the possibility of meeting that baddest woman again.

Alpha Crimson simply grunted as his response before leading the duo to the middle of the ballroom. Whispers could be heard circulating around as all the pack members sensed Alpha Crimson's dangerous presence. They split down the middle to make a clear path for the trio, all of them wanting to avoid the Alpha who was notorious among the ten provinces for being a cold-blooded killer.

Alpha Crimson could see a circle forming and knew that the cake was probably going to be cut soon. They were about half an hour late as it was.

Suddenly, he heard a melodious sound that froze him in his tracks. It was the voice of a shewolf laughing, accompanied by a young pups laughter. Alpha Crimson increased his pace with his two friends following in confusion.

"Hahahaa, I surrender, I surrender!" Kaira cried out through laughter as a little boy, who Alpha Crimson assumed was Benji, spread more cake on her cheeks.

There she was. His little unpredictable mate, even more beautiful than she was in her dream land. Alpha Crimson noticed how she hadn't even sensed his presence yet. He let out a sly smirk, taking his Beta and Theta by surprise before he approached the family in the middle.

Alpha Crimson heard his mates laughter cease instantly as Beta Rick announced his presence and watched how her body stiffened while she shut her eyes instantly.

"Happy Birthday Little Benji" Alpha Crimson wished the birthday boy, all the while his eyes remained on his mate who began to shake in fear.

She looked so beautiful in her blue satin dress, making the Alpha want to hold her in his arms and claim her right then and there as his own.

"So, you've surrendered." Alpha Crimson stated in his deep voice, his words sending shivers down Kaira's spine and shocking those around them.

Alpha Crimson's eyes narrowed at the shewolf's exposed neckline, showcasing her mating mark and then travelled down towards her protruding bump. Waves of pure rage began to radiate off the Alpha, making the pack members present fall to the ground in pain under the increasing pressure.

Beta Rick sensed the danger in the room and immediately handed Benji to his mate who scurried out of the room with the frightened boy and other pack children.

"What is going on?" Beta Rick questioned as he stepped in front of Kaira to shield her away from the three men.

Kaira instantly held onto Beta Rick's hand from behind him, and refused to look up at her mates eyes. She could feel his smouldering stare on her the whole time.