Chapter 15

Cold water was poured over the face of the unsuspecting girl as she awoke with a start and gasped for air. She couldn't remember how long she had been out of it for. She looked around the room and found Ms. Yu standing above her crumpled form that laid on the cold, hard floor.

"Get up!" Ms. Yu demanded as Kaira slowly lifted her heavy body into a sitting position on the floor. Noticing that the older woman was not going to help her, she let out an annoyed sigh before holding onto the bed beside her and lifting her whole body up.

As soon as Kaira stood up and sat on the bed, Ms. Yu took rope dipped in silver and tied it tightly around her wrists and feet. Kaira hissed in pain as the ropes burned her skin and her eyes flashed violet, showing that her wolf wanted to take control.

"Why?" Kaira questioned weakly with her head resting in her tied-up hands. She could still feel the effects of the drugs, they must have used a lot since they knew she wasn't human.

Kaira could feel Ms. Yu staring at her, internally debating whether or not to reveal the reason. Kaira scuffed at her in annoyance and flaunted her tied up hands and feet towards the older woman as if to say, 'what could I possibly do to you in this state?'. After a moment of hesitation, Ms. Yu finally revealed the truth.

"My daughter died because of your filthy pack. I told her, don't become his mate, we can run away and start afresh, but no. She wanted to be with him and he abused her and killed her. We sought justice, my husband, old Master Yu, tried to kill that werewolf but your mate wouldn't allow him to," Ms. Yu explained and glared daggers at Kaira when the younger shewolf burst into a fit of laughter.

"Hahahaa... don't tell me...you want to kill me to get back at him? Hahahaaa" Kaira couldn't suppress her own laughter. She felt her sanity slowly escaping her and there wasn't a damn thing she could do about it. From the moment she awoke from her dreamland, she wanted to drop off the face of the earth. Her mate had tricked her into marking him, how the hell could she possibly escape from him now?

Ms. Yu stared at the younger woman in disbelief before swiftly backhanding her across the face. Kaira licked the corner of her mouth and tasted a bit of blood.

"Okay. I deserved that. Don't get me wrong, I am very sorry for the loss of your child. But you seem to be deeply misinformed," Kaira started as she stared at the older woman who looked both guilty and angered. She could tell that Ms. Yu was frail hearted and had probably never raised her hand on anyone in her life before.

"What do you mean?" Ms. Yu questioned in confusion and sat beside Kaira on the bed. She regretted the slap as soon as her hand came into contact with the poor girls face.

"That is not my pack, I have never and will never become the Luna of the province of Rowim. Nor will I ever accept a coldblooded Alpha as my mate," Kaira declared and almost laughed again when she noticed the shock on Ms. Yu's face.

"But...how? I tried to convince my daughter to runaway from her mate but she couldn't because of the mate bond!" Ms. Yu was astonished at Kaira's remarks and found it hard to believe.

"Simple, I hate my mate so much and would rather die than become his," Kaira smirked towards the older woman who looked ghostly pale.

"You seem smarter than my own daughter," Ms. Yu finally stated after a moment of silence through tears. Letting out a deep sigh, she attempted to untie the ropes around Kaira. She wanted to let Kaira run far away and give her the chance that her own daughter refused.

"Don't!" Kaira yelled and pulled her body away from Ms. Yu who looked towards her in shock.

"Keep me tied up. Hearing what happened to your daughter and how my mate treated you and old Master Yu, sickens me. I'm tired of running away from him, he always manages to catch up to me. I need to do something different this time, I need to get close to him and then when he is in his most vulnerable state, I will break free," Kaira explained with a devilish smile but to Ms. Yu, Kaira seemed like a smart girl. She wished her own daughter had thought like Kaira all those years ago.