Chapter 13

Kaira sat quietly in her business class seat beside a window on the airplane. It has been flying for quite a few hours now and they were due to land in an hour or so. Simba rested inside her apron throughout the entire flight, making Kaira feel extremely grateful for having such a sweet dog. He hadn't fussed or made any noise so as to not blow their cover. She couldn't afford to let anyone know that she had a pet on the plane without paying for him.

While looking out of the window at the peaceful sunrise, Kaira let out a shaky breath. She had managed to escape from the coldblooded Alpha not once, not twice, hell not even thrice. She had escape four times. The first time was her home land, the second time was Beta Rick's territory, the third time was the hospital, and then the fourth time was just now at the airport. She couldn't believe her own luck. A small smile graced her lips before realization suddenly hit. Each time she ran away from him, she lost a part of herself. She always ended up hurting herself or others in pursuit of her own happiness.

'If I begged you all for forgiveness, would you be able to forgive me? I've been so selfish, what if...what if he goes back on his promise? What if he goes back and kills Rick, Carol and little Benji? Oh God, what have I done?' Kaira thought to herself as her shoulders shook violently and tears escaped her swollen eyes. She hadn't slept in hours, not since she woke up from Alpha Crimson's lap.

"Excuse me Miss, if you are cold please use this blanket" an air stewardess cautioned as she unwrapped the plastic from a new blanket and placed it over Kaira's body before she could object.

"Thank you," Kaira mumbled and accepted the blanket. She did not want to waste the stewardess' efforts. Though, she would have taken the blanket herself hours ago but she was afraid of falling asleep. The cold air in the airplane helped keep her awake, she couldn't afford to fall asleep and meet Alpha Crimson in her dreamland.

'Please forgive me, everyone...just this once...I think I'll need to be selfish in my life,' were the last thoughts that passed through Kaira's mind before everything seemed to fade into darkness.

***

"Stop right there!" Alpha Crimson growled out as he used his advanced speed to catch up to the girl running away within seconds. His tight grip latched onto the girls forearm as she winced and turned towards him in fear.

Theta Grant had returned with the medicine that his Luna had requested at the same time that Beta Zachariah returned with the newly purchased water bottle. They both looked at their Alpha in shock when they saw him gripping onto the arm of a random human girl.

"Who the hell are you?" Alpha Crimson growled out as his grip tightened even more. The girl began to cry as pain overtook her body, it felt as though her wrist was about to snap.

"Let go please, let go" the girl begged, and a crowd began to form as people recognized the ruthless Alpha Crimson who stood there infuriated. They had never seen somebody so angry before, even Theta Grant and Beta Zachariah hesitated before approaching their Alpha and pulling him away from the terrified human.

"Alpha, let go. We can't harm a human without valid cause," Theta Grant advised carefully, taking note of the way the color of his Alpha's eyes diverted between black and blue. Ever since his Alpha met Luna, Alpha Crimson has been struggling more and more to control his wolf. It was something they would need to resolve later on.

"Is harming my mate enough cause?" Alpha Crimson growled out and was ready to tear the head off of the trembling human girl who fell to her knees, begging for mercy.

"I'm so sorry, please forgive me. I know who you are, Alpha Crimson, I would never harm your mate, please forgive me," the young girl cried out as she gripped the ends of her clothes tightly.