Chapter 11

Quick footsteps could be heard rushing through the dark, silent street as rain continued to heavily hit the ground. Kaira had barely managed to pull herself together at the grocery store. Her whole body was still trembling as the scenes she witnessed on the television continued to replay in her mind.

She had parked her car across the street from the bar and was quickly rushing over to the bar. All of the women had run away after seeing the bloodthirsty Alpha on the television and as a result, Kaira could not ask to borrow their phone since she herself was also in a daze. She was willing to surrender herself to Alpha Crimson but knew that she would never be able to get there under one hour with traffic. Kaira hurried over to the bar so that she could borrow the older man's phone and tell him that he did not need to make her passport anymore.

"Katerina Pavlov, please tell the older Asian man in the back that I am here. I need to speak with him," Kaira used the fake name on her application as she whispered out through heavy breaths. She was absolutely soaking wet from the heavy rain.

The guard at the entrance of the bar frowned at the shivering woman's poor appearance before speaking into his headset. Everyone who visited the bar dressed up stylishly, yet this young lady was dressed in sweatpants with only a white tank top. Within seconds, a scrawny young teenager came running out of the bar with a golden envelop.

"Take it," the boy stated hastily before tossing the envelop into Kaira's hands. He was drinking and playing around with women inside before the old Master sent him out to give the envelop to Kaira.

Kaira stared at the boy in confusion before opening the envelop and seeing her fake passport and a ticket. She opened up the passport and saw the details of her new identity. The ticket consisted of a one way trip for 3 am this morning to the province of Nepra, which is located quite a few provinces away from Alpha Crimson's province of Rowim. She couldn't believe that the old man would buy her a ticket with the money she gave him. She quickly scanned the contents of the passport.

Name: Katerina Pavlov

Age: 22 years old

Sex: Female

Relationship: Mate is deceased

"But...but he said two hours...it's only been thirty minutes..." Kaira mumbled in shock, not knowing what to do with the fake passport. Her eyes almost popped out when she saw the last line. She had clearly written in her fake application that her relationship was "single", yet the old Master switched it to 'Mate is deceased'.

The young teenager looked at Kaira in annoyance before huffing out his reply, "Master said you'd be back soon, so he prepared it quickly. Now scram lady, I have some unfinished business to take care of," the boy licked his lips before running back into the bar to play with the women again.

Kaira turned around in a daze and headed towards her car. Looking at Simba sitting in his doggy carry-on bag, Kaira could barely think. That older man went through great efforts to help her but now she was about to throw everything away and go to her Alpha mate and his filthy pack.

Kaira screamed at the top of her lungs as she repeatedly hit the worn out steering wheel until her pale knuckles turned bloody. She only stopped when Simba's loud whimpers fell in her ears.

"Oh my God, Mommy's sorry baby, mommy's so sorry. I won't do it again, I'm sorry," Kaira repeatedly apologized as she rubbed Simba's ears.

Simba nuzzled his nose into the palm of her hand and licked her frail, slender fingers in hopes of easing the girl's pain.

"Thank you, baby. Now, let's go back. Mommy needs to drive fast since she doesn't have a phone to call anyone with, so sit tight, okay?" Kaira whispered as she nervously glanced towards the clock in the car. It was currently almost midnight. She had a little under forty minutes to reach Beta Rick's territory.