Chapter 17

A certain pair of deep blue eyes gazed at his mate's peaceful sleeping form. The sun shined brightly outside the small window of the jet and he made sure to hold his hand above her face to block out the sun. Looking at his own actions, he almost laughed to himself. He had never done such caring actions for anyone in his whole life.

Meanwhile, two impatient males were waiting outside the jet in Alpha Crimson's sleek black Range Rover. They had landed in the province of Rowim almost half an hour ago, but Alpha Crimson refused to wake up his mate. Instead, he ordered his Beta and Theta to wait outside in his car and laid down beside his mate with a satisfied smile. Unlike the previous night, she slept soundly with a smile on her gentle face, not a single trace of the nightmare was on her face.

"...Mhm..." Kaira tossed and turned before latching her fingers onto Simba and pulling him flush against her chest. Her hands rubbed his body up and down as she let out a satisfied sigh but froze completely when she noticed his well-defined back muscles.

'Wait! Since when does Simba have such hard muscles?!?!' Kaira's hazel eyes shot open and came face to face with her mate, who stared down at her in obvious lust.

She instantly released her hands and sat upright with a heated face. She felt her mate's gaze rest on her as she let out a nervous laugh and practically jumped off the bed with Simba in tow. She peeked towards the open door of the jet and saw the sun shining through. She could also hear Beta Zachariah complaining to Theta Grant about having to wait outside as Alpha Crimson 'creeped on his mate'. His words, not hers.

"We're home? Great! I'll get changed, give me a few minutes please. Go wait in the car or else I think Beta Zachariah will cry!" Kaira spoke softly in the direction of her mate without meeting his eyes. Before he could speak, she quickly scurried off into the washroom to change her clothes and freshen up.

Alpha Crimson silently watched as his mate disappeared from his view. He couldn't put his happiness into words when he heard her call their province "home". Up until now, the province of Rowim had been his greatest responsibility. It is the biggest province in Canada and he was the Alpha of the whole province. He hadn't really thought of it as his home until Kaira said it with her sweet, innocent smile. At that moment, he realized that the term 'home' only made sense if Kaira was by his side. 

'Home...Yes, we're home, my sweet Kaira' Alpha Crimson whispered before he exited his jet with a blinding smile and stared at his two comrades as he descended the steps. 

Both men stared back at him in shock, they had never seen their cruel Alpha smile so brightly before.

***

The ride to Alpha Crimson's mansion was spent in comfortable silence. Beta Zachariah drove with Theta Grant sitting in the front passenger seat. Every now and then, they glanced at the rear-view mirror and almost bursted into laughter at the sight of their poor Alpha who never once took his eyes off of his mate.

Kaira was squealing with joy as both she and Simba kept their window low and admired all of the different beautiful landscapes in the province of Rowim. Alpha Crimson simply gazed at his mate with a goofy smile on his face. He felt both pride and relief at the fact that his mate liked the province he fights so hard to protect.

The three men were oblivious to the fact that Kaira was simply planning out her escape route. Her mate's jet had landed at the local airport in the province of Rowim so Kaira paid special attention to the area surrounding the airport once they left. 

She memorized each sign, highway, and neighborhood road, in hopes of being able to accurately follow it very soon to get back to the airport when she escapes. All the while, she could feel her mate's gaze follow her every move. It was suffocating and she wanted to strangle the oblivious man. Instead, she squealed with excitement so that the three men wouldn't suspect her, and Simba matched her excitement.