Chapter 7

Timid footsteps could be heard approaching a small diner called 'Becca's Haven' located on the outskirts of the province of Mitsa. This province was one of the two only provinces in Canada in which an Alpha did not reside over full-time. Since this town was mainly occupied by humans, there was no pack for an Alpha to be in charge of. Occasionally, a neighbouring territories Alpha would visit to take care of official matters.

The diner had just opened, it was a little past five in the morning. The weather outside was cloudy and misty, the rain hadn't stopped in the last few days. Today, the rain seemed to be coming down even harder actually.

"Mornin' Sugaah. My names Tammy. What can I get ya?" the older blonde woman, dressed in her waitress uniform, questioned in a thick southern accent after she guided the petite girl over to a small booth.

Her customer was dressed in grey sweatpants with a white tank top and black hoodie. Tucked into a carry-on was a small dog. The young lady removed her hood and wiped the few droplets of rain that had fallen on her face.

"Good morning, Ma'am. May I please have a set of pancakes with a glass of apple juice, please? Oh, a glass of warm milk as well please," the girl spoke respectfully to the waitress but her voice was low, barely an audible whisper. Tammy had to strain her ears to hear the girl and cocked an eyebrow at the sound of her voice devoid of any southern accent.

"Sure thing, sugaah," Tammy replied and stared at the young girl for a few extra moments.

Tammy noticed that the girl was young, probably in her 20's, with dark brunette hair and clearly far away from home. There was something about this girl that didn't sit well with her.

The other young female clients who came to the diner were more cheerful, always coming with friends and chatting away loudly to the point of giving the poor waitress a headache.

Yet, this young lady was seated quietly, her back hunched inwards as if she wants to become invisible. Even the dog beside her was resting quietly as its owner gently scratched behind its ears.

"I'm sorry, is something wrong?" the mysterious girl had noticed her staring, making the waitress shake her head before turning away.

"Al, one set of pancakes. Make it quick, hun," Tammy hollered to her husband who was cooking in the back kitchen.

Tammy poured a tall glass of apple juice and a warm glass of milk before sauntering over to her only customer.

The young lady mumbled a small 'thank you' before taking out a pet bowl and pouring the milk into it. After seeing her dog drink the milk happily, the girl let out a sigh and drank her apple juice.

Tammy smiled at the good nature of her mysterious client who took care of her pet before herself. She headed to the kitchen to take the fresh plate of pancakes. Al gave his wife a kiss on her cheek and took the remote, flipping on the television that hung high in the middle of the small diner.

Tammy placed the plate in front of the girl who once again mumble a small 'thank you'. The waitress then settled down on a stool at the countertop near the cash register and rose the volume of the television higher.

"THIS JUST IN: A one billion dollar bounty has been placed on Mrs. Kaira Regan Crimson, the mate of Alpha Crimson who rules over the largest province of Canada, Rowim. Mrs. Crimson was last seen three days ago attending a party in the province of Katric which is north of the border. Alpha Crimson has sent our news station a video message," Tammy gasped loudly at the mention of one billion dollars.

"Honey, come look! That murderous Alpha up north is on television. Apparently his mate ran away!" Tammy hollered from her seat as her older husband shuffled towards the front.