S I X

~ ♚ ~

"(y/n) (l/n)! Another boy!" Sara couldn't believe that I had told her I was going round Fife's house tonight. she had just offered for a girly movie night but I had to decline unfortunately.

"I'm sorry, it's just we really need to practice! And its tomorrow when we have to perform" I said rather flabbergasted.

"Its fine, Sara is just being a drama queen like usual, how about we just do it tomorrow after school instead?" Amara suggested. I nodded,

"That'd be nice" I smiled. I continued to eat my lunch, while Sara kept on pestering me about the boys I had met while Amara attempted to calm her excitable friend down to the best of her ability. Fortunately for me the bell rang signalling it was last period.

"Gotta dash guys I've got art with Ren!" I said power walking towards the art department and as I was walking away all I could hear was another perplexed shout from Sara:

"Who the heck is Ren?!" I ignored any further pestering from Sara and almost skidded into my art room. I spotted Ren at the back of the class, unsurprisingly sketching in his art book.

"Whatca sketching?" I said, deciding to take the element of surprise. I must've scared the poor sod straight out of his cotton socks because he immediately slammed my book shut.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you!" I apologised sympathetically. I should've remembered that he's a bit of a quiet boy.

"Its fine (y/n), don't worry, just wasn't expecting you to be here so soon, and my sketch was a bit rubbishy anyway so it isn't worth looking at it." He nervously rubbed his neck as if hiding something but I didn't want to push him anymore. The teacher walked in and she gave us a brief description of what we would be doing in the lesson.

"We're going to be doing life drawings today, i've a selection of items of objects in the cupboard which you can sketch or you can sketch yourself or a friend. I have sketching tins at the front and paper, or you can use charcoal and chalk. Have fun kids!" She sat down to mark some books while we got on with the task at hand. I saw a sea shell at the front of the class and picked it up along with some paper and pencils. I saw Ren pick up paper and charcoal and chalk but no object. He sat back down beside me and looked rather nervous

"Where's your object?"

"Um... I was wondering, if... I could sketch you?" He said meekly

"Of course! Is it ok if I'm looking down though, I'm going to attempt to draw this shell" he nodded and he had a huge smile on his face. I started sketching the shell, to the best of my ability. From the corner of my I could see Ren also concentrating rather hard, his tongue peaking out from the corner of his mouth. It put a smile on my lips and I continue to smile while sketching the rest of the lesson away. I hadn't realised how much of the lesson had gone by until the teacher came round to see how much work we had done by the end.

"Well done (y/n) you have really caught the highlight on the edges of the curves" she then moved onto Ren's piece and couldn't seem to get any words out of her mouth.

"(y/n), have you seen this?!" Mrs said rather astounded.

"Hm?" I glanced at Ren's sheet of paper and saw a black and white mirror reflection. It looked exactly like me but the charcoal and chalk made it look gorgeous, frankly I was speechless.

"Holy shi- shizzle! Ren it's amazing! How much talent does one person hold?!" I was so shocked, it was beautiful, I expected to see something like that hung in an expensive frame in a London gallery.

"Thank you, I'm rather proud of it myself too, I'd say it's one of my best drawings" he held it up in front of himself. He had perfectly captured the loose hairs that were gracing my face and the shape of my jaw and lips. And he must've drawn my mouth just as I had seen Ren's concentration and my lips were curved into a small smile. My eyes held a certain sparkle, I just couldn't believe how he had captured this image, did I really look like this in his eyes?