T W E N T Y T W O

~ ♚ ~

The rest of the week at school wasn't too bad, there was always some new drama or rumours so the chat quickly moved on from me to someone else. But one thing I wasn't expecting was the funeral to come round so quickly. Before I could even register it was Sunday morning and Amara was knocking on my door to make sure I was up. I was sluggish and reluctant, Amara basically had to dress me in my black mourning dress. I had my notes for my speech in my clutch bag along with my phone, purse and a letter to Killian which I wanted to place on his grave. We caught the train to the crematorium then took a slow walk up the drive. I was nervously fiddling with my fingers.

"(y/n)..." Amara took my hand and stopped, she looked me dead in the eyes

"You're going to be ok, I promise you, you're strong and I know that" she smiled, comforting me. I took and deep breath and shut my eyes for a moment.

"Ok I'm ready," she gently patted the back of my hand and we continued our walk to the funeral. Everyone was gathered in the main reception area. Killian's family immediately came over to greet me.

"Hi (y/n), i'm so glad you could make it" they smiled embracing me in a warm hug. His sister also came to welcome me, saying it was nice to see me etc, the normal formalities. Someone came through to announce that the ceremony would start now. We filed into the seats and I sat between Killian's sister and Amara, I looked at the programme, I was somewhat near the end. The priest started talking and I listened, his voice almost like a comforting droning noise.

"And now we have (y/n) who has prepared a speech for us" I woke up from my daze and shook myself awake. I made my way to the front standing behind the lectern and shuffling my cue cards. I looked down at them once then immediately put them back in my purse. If Killian was here I wanted him to know this came from my heart not from some paper.

"Hi, my name is (y/n) (l/n), I was Killian's girlfriend. In the short amount of time we knew each other we grew close. Really close. he was so sweet... always thinking of others before himself and he was so giving to everyone. Although I'm young and naïve and have my whole life ahead of me... I could definitely see me spending it with him. i would always feel so lucky that he was my best friend as well as my boyfriend, we would have a laugh and then be sincere if we needed to." I took a deep breath wanting to finish my speech as I knew my allocated time slot was slipping away.

"I just want to finish by saying that I don't think i'll ever 'move on' from this... our relationship. but I don't want to because I want to remember him and I think it'd be a sin if I ever forgot him... thank you" there was a small quiet applause and I went back to take my seat.

"Well done (y/n)" Amara smiled rubbing my back. The final words were said and we all made our way back to the reception for the wake. People mumbled to each other while me and Amara sat at a table sipping tea and eating sandwiches. Suddenly I heard a commotion from outside the doors of the reception.

"Sir, you're not allowed in without an invite"

"Please I just need to talk to someone! I'll be 5 minutes"

"I don't care! You can wait till its finished" I went outside to see who was being so incredibly rude and disrespectful, Amara followed suite and I saw a face i'd give anything not to see.

"Alex what the fuck are you doing here?!" I say shutting the door behind me

"You have to leave. Now." I say firmly pushing him away from the doors, worried that the Cryus family would see.