12. Something Unspoken

Don't you think there's always something unspoken between two people?

Teneesse Williams

Olivia, Lucy and I are making our way through the old, posh part of Thornhill's nightlife called The Risings.

We walk elegantly across the cobblestones in our heels. The silver pair I chose for tonight glitter under the yellow streetlamps.

The Sex Tips' gig has just finished, and we're on our way to an expensive restraunt named House of Gold. The band are going to join us once they've packed up their kit.

My nerves have been building all night. Seeing Jax up on the stage, so confident and sexy, only made me feel so plain and boring. I just hope he doesn't think so.

"Please rememeber I have to be home by 10," I say, as House of Gold comes into view.

"10?" Lucy groans.

"It's a school night," I respond, apologetically. "It's the best I could do."

"Best make the next two hours count then girls," Olivia winks.

Just as we're entering the restraunt, a group of middle aged men are exiting.

"Want to join us, ladies?" One of them asks, clearing having had too much alcohol.

I just manage to dodge his gropes as we pass him and his friends.

"Gross," I comment.

"Fuck off, grandpa," Lucy calls over her shoulder.

A pretty waitress waiting to greet us widens her eyes in shock.

"Table for 3?" She asks, looking us up and down.

"7," Olivia replies. "The rest of our group will be here shortly."

The waitress nods curtly, "this way."

I pull my black, velvet dress down a little as we go. It clings to what little curves I have.

"You look amazing," Olivia whispers into my ear, catching me staring at myself in one of the many mirrors.

"Thank you, Liv," I smile, shyly. Then eye her shimmery, pink dress. "You look like a model. As always."

Olivia gives me a quick kiss on the cheek. "If you're any nicer, my head won't fit through the door on our way out."

"I'm sure I can come up with some insults, Megamind."

She shoves me into the booth the waitress stops at.

"Thanks," Olivia smiles.

"Thank you," I chime, giggling.

Lucy silently sits down beside me, eyes glued to her phone.