his fiancée

Petra Ral.

That was the name of Levi's bride-to-be. You had met her before, but you didn't like her. At all. It wasn't just because she was marrying the man you loved. (But that was definitely one of the reasons.) There was just something about her that made you dislike her almost immediately. Hell, you had even written a list.

---

Number 1: I hate Petra Ral because...

She always had that sickeningly sweet smile on. Petra smiled at anyone and everyone, and her smiles, unlike yours, were always genuine. One day, you saw Hanji spill her entire tray of dinner onto Petra. And do you know what she did? She fucking smiled and laughed it off. What kind of normal person does that?

No matter what happened, Petra always kept smiling. Maybe it was a way for her to forget about the pain.

Number 2: I hate Petra Ral because...

She was too nice. There was a fine line between being nice and being so nice that you're annoying as fuck. And that was exactly what Petra was. Petra always offered to do your cleaning duties for you. She volunteered to clean the horse stables for you. She was so nice that it annoyed you.

Or maybe you were jealous of her kindness. Lord knows that you were the rudest brat out there.

Number 3: I hate Petra Ral because...

She was too innocent. Petra never understood the dirty jokes that Levi and you made. She never understood what "that's what she said" meant. Petra didn't get Levi's potty humor. She was as innocent as a lamb. But maybe that was a good thing.

Petra and you were like polar opposites. She was kind, always smiled, and was very innocent, while you, on the other hand, were dirty-minded, rude, and sassy.

Number 4: I hate Petra Ral because...

She was pretty. You hated to admit it, but Petra was definitely pretty. In your eyes, she was much prettier than yourself. Maybe if you had the looks, Levi would love you too.

Number 5: I hate Petra Ral because...

She stole the man you loved. This was probably the reason you hated her the most. No. It wasn't exactly hate. It was more of envy. Petra had the one thing that you so desperately wanted but could never get. And that was Levi. It was complete injustice. You had spent years pining after Levi hoping that he would notice your deep affection for him, but sadly that never happened.

Maybe if you had manned up and had the guts to tell Levi your true feelings, you could've been his fiancée.