the expedition

Today was the day of the expedition. It was a trial for the future expedition to reach Eren's basement.

For the newlywed couple, this expedition couldn't have come at a worse time. Although both Levi and Petra were both experienced soldiers, there was always the chance that either of them could be killed.

As you adjusted your 3DMG straps and climbed onto your horse, Petra rode towards you.

Your narrowed your eyes at her and snapped, "What do you want?"

"If I die on this expedition, I want you to take care of Levi," the tone of her voice was dead serious. "I know you care for him as much as I do, and I want someone to be with him."

I glared at her. "Don't be selfish. You can't die on this expedition. You've already gotten married! If you died, do you know how much of a wreck Levi would be in?"

"I know, but if something does happen to me, please, take care of Levi," Petra gave you one of her signature smiles.

"Whatever," you scoffed. "Good luck."

With that being said, you rode away to Armin, who was part of your group. The expedition was about to start, and you were determined to survive.

---

You galloped alongside Armin.

"(F/N)! There's an Aberrant over there!" Armin screamed. You looked over your shoulder, and, true enough, there was an Aberrant Titan crawling on all fours towards you.

"I got this!" you jumped from your horse and took out your blades.

You hooked onto the Titan and swiftly cut the nape of its neck, ending its life. You ran towards Armin, who had stopped for you, and climbed back onto your horse. Armin sent you a shy smile which you returned. All of you kept galloping towards the forest, hoping to meet up with the others quickly.

Glomp! Glomp! Glomp!

"What the hell is that?" you screeched, as you glanced back.

"Is that a Female Titan?" Armin asked.

"Hurry up, Armin! This thing is gaining on us! Should we send up a flare? This thing doesn't look normal to me!" you asked.

Armin quickly sent up a black flare.

True enough, the Female Titan was gaining on you. You had urged your horses to go full speed, but the Female Titan still caught up.

"Crap!" Armin had fallen off his horse.

The Female Titan stopped and did something most peculiar. She lifted his hood. For a second, I thought Armin was dead meat. But as soon as she lifted his hood, she kept running towards the forest. You had turned your horse around, and trotted to the petrified Armin.

"Armin! I'm so glad you're alive. What the hell did that thing do to you?" you asked, looking concerned for your blond friend.

"She lifted my hood, I think," he mumbled. "To check who I was."

You heard more galloping from behind you, and you took out your swords, preparing for battle. But it was just Jean and Reiner. You guys updated each other about what was going on and continued into the Forest of Giant Trees.

---

It was another failed expedition. With the intrusion of the Female Titan, it resulted in many deaths. Eren was almost captured, but was saved by Levi and Mikasa. The Survey Corps were forced to return to the Karanese District, suffering heavy losses.

---

Petra was dead.

Not just Petra, but Levi's whole elite squad had died in this expedition. They had been all killed by the Female Titan.

That selfish bitch. She left Levi when he needed her the most. She left him right after their wedding. And now you were stuck to take care of Levi.

It was all Petra's fault. She had left Levi in a wreck and left you to piece him back together.

---

This is a shit chapter that I wrote at the Cheesecake Factory. Sorry.