unrequited love

"Of all the people my heart could have chosen, it decided on a boy who didn't have enough room in his own heart to love someone like me." -a.v.

---

la douleur exquise

(n.) the heart-wrenching pain of wanting the affection of someone unattainable

---

Unrequited Love

It was probably the worst feeling ever. And I could tell you from experience. Unrequited love was the feeling of loving someone who did not and will not love you back. It was a feeling where you would do absolutely anything for them to notice you. It's when their smile melted your heart, just seeing them gave you butterflies, and a simple "Hello!" made you smile from ear to ear, because you knew even if it was just for a second, you crossed their mind. It's when you can't stop looking at them even if they'll never look back. It's when you see them with another person in their arms, and you smile and say, "I'm happy for you", even if you just want to cry. Unrequited love was being hopelessly in love with someone that you could never have.

And you were hopelessly in love with Levi.

You knew Levi was now off-limits. He was going to be a married man after all. But that did not and could not stop your love for Levi. As a matter of fact, your love for him only grew. You knew that this kind of love was dangerous. One-sided love drove people insane. But one-sided love was real... because if you could love someone, and keep loving them, without being loved back, then that love had to be real. It hurt too much to be anything else.

But, alas, you had to get over Levi. You had to become the warrior Levi had trained you to be and just moping around wouldn't solve anything. You admit, you had shed a lot of tears over him and lost lots of sleep thinking about him, but it was time for you to move on. There was an expedition coming up, and you had to train. You had to become stronger and defeat those wretched Titans. So you tried to forget Levi, but your love for him would never dissapear no matter how hard you tried.

Your unrequited love was a curse. It was the infinite curse of your lonely heart.