the confession

Once upon a time,
I fell in love with a person
Who couldn't love me back
In the end.

---

Levi was a mess. As much as he tried to hide it with his stoic expressions, Levi was a broken man.

The death of his whole squad had truly affected Levi. They were Levi's makeshift family. They were the people Levi had cared about the most. Even though Levi pretended to not care, you knew that he was slowly dying inside.

The death of Petra probably affected him the most. As much as you hated Petra, you had never wanted her to die. She had left Levi's heart in pieces, and you were left to pick up the pieces of his heart and mend it.

---

You had never seen Levi so vulnerable. He had called you to his office every night for the past couple weeks. You were the only one there to comfort him. You were the only one to see how truly heartbroken Levi was.

Petra had left a gaping hole in Levi's heart. He loved her as he had never loved you.

Every night, you watched Levi break down in front of you. And every night you were there to comfort to him. You were the only one he trusted with his true feelings. You were the only one he had left.

---

You decided that you should finally confess your feelings for Levi. It was something you should've done long ago. You knew he didn't love you back, but you just wanted to get it off your chest.

As you walked to Levi's study, a voice interrupted your thoughts.

"(F/N)! (F/N)!" you heard a cheerful voice screaming your name.

You turned around and saw Eren, the Titan Boy. You put on a smile.

"Hello, Eren!" you said. "How are you?"

You and Eren had been close friends in the training legion. You kind of had a thing for him then - his stunning green eyes, his handsome face, and his tenacious spirit made you attracted to him. But, as soon as you joined the Scouting Legion, you guys lost touch and rarely talked. Part of it was Levi's fault. You had pushed Eren away when you saw your old friend, and your thoughts were clouded with only Levi.

Eren gave you a million dollar smile. "Never been better. What about you, (F/N)? I haven't talked to you in forever!" he hugged you. "I really missed you."

You laughed and hugged him back. "I've missed you too, Eren!"

"You know, I've been meaning to tell you something, (F/N)," Eren said while a blush formed on his cheeks.

You raised your eyebrows. "Yes?"

"Umm... I kind of l-love you, (F/N)," Eren confessed while staring at the ground.

What? Eren loved you? WHAT? You were very confused.

"You love me?" you asked with a puzzled look on your face.

"Yea. I have for a while, actually," Eren smiled shyly. "But it's okay if you don't like me back. I know you love Corporal Levi." His green eyes were filled with sadness.

All Levi had given you was endless heartbreak. You had endured so much pain for Levi. All you ever wanted was for him to love you as much as you loved him. But, even in the end, Levi would never love you back.

Maybe it was time for you to forget about him. Levi had given you enough heart ache to last a lifetime. It was time for you to give up on him. Levi had never loved you and never will. It was time for you to find someone new. To find someone who would love and cherish you.

It was time to move on.

Eren already loved you, so why not give him a chance? You might find the love that you so desperately wanted within Eren.

So with a genuine smile, you replied, "I love you too, Eren."

Eren cracked the biggest smile at your answer. He enveloped you in his arms, and for once you felt truly loved.