levi's story part 1

Why now of all times?

Why?

Just when you thought your heart had moved on, Levi confessed to you. Just when you thought that your future could be happy with Eren. Just when you thought you were over Levi.

Your poor heart. How could it deal with all these mixed feelings? Why did love have to be so hard?

---

Levi's POV

I admit... It's my fault. I rushed into a relationship with Petra. I never questioned my nonexistent love for her. I just assumed I would learn to love Petra, even though my heart belonged to (F/N). I wanted to settle down and have a family so badly. I was growing old, after all. So I just rushed into the first pair of open arms I found, which were Petra's.

I loved (F/N) for quite a long time, actually. Though, whenever I tried to confess, a part of me pulled me back. Don't get me wrong, I love (F/N). But I didn't want to give her the false assumptions that I would always be alive after expeditions. As a member of the Scouting legion, I accept death. I accept the fact that, at any given time, I could die. I would never forgive myself for leaving (F/N) heartbroken.

I loved her to the point of insanity. At first, I denied it. I, Levi Ackerman, humanity's strongest soldier, in love? Tch, like hell I was! But those feelings inside my heart grew stronger and stronger, each and every day. I was truthfully scared of my own feelings. I never knew that my heart could ever feel love. To be honest, I didn't know a damn thing about love. What the hell was I supposed to do?

So I tried to cover my feelings up.

It seemed like a good idea. I thought that those feelings would go away once I met a new woman. I decided to use Petra. She was a pretty woman, I admit, but not half as pretty as (F/N), of course. Shit-Glasses always told me that Petra liked me, so why not?

My feelings for (F/N) never went away. I couldn't force myself to love Petra, nor could I teach myself to love Petra, for my heart belonged to another.

Months passed, and I noticed that (F/N) and I were growing distant. I saw the envious way she looked at Petra. Was she jealous? Tch, that brat.

I had no time to worry about that, though. Petra was growing increasingly more irritating by the day. She kept hinting that she wanted to get married. Did she not see how busy I was? From the mounds of paperwork that Erwin forced upon me to training the useless cadets for the upcoming expedition, I was beyond stressed.

I wasn't thinking at the time. I thought that if I agreed to marrying Petra, she would shut the fuck up! So I proposed to her.

I made the wrong choice.

If only I knew what lay ahead of me. If only love weren't such a difficult game to play. If only I had made the right choice. Maybe (F/N) could've been mine.

Fuck my life...

---

Wow I actually updated.

How's the story going so far? I'm thinking of making 2 endings because I can't choose between Levi and Eren! The struggle is real.