may the best man win

Levi's POV

I watch as that Jaeger brat puts his filthy lips on (F/N)'s.

Disgusting. Intolerable.

I walk up to him and grab him by his collar.

"Cadet. What do you think you're doing?" I growl. "I made it pretty clear there was no PDA, idiot."

Eren looks flustered and gulps.

"Stable duty for two weeks. And you're coming with me," I drag him away from (F/N) towards my office.

"But, Captain..." Eren protests.

"Quit complaining, brat. Tch. Do you want me to extend your stable duty to a month?" I sneer.

"N-No, sir," he replies nervously.

We reach my office, and I throw him into a nearby chair.

"What the hell were you doing with (F/N), brat?" I ask irritatedly.

"Um, n-nothing, sir," Eren stutters.

"Tch."

"Sir, u-uhh, do you love (F/N)?" Eren asks curiously.

"Excuse me, cadet?" I growl. "That's none of your fucking business."

"Sorry Captain, but (F/N) is mine," Eren says in a confident tone.

That's it. This fucking brat.

I clench my fist and swing hard across Eren's face. A sickening crack echoes throughout the room. Eren's head is tilted to the side, and an ugly red mark is forming on his eye. There would surely be a disgusting bruise tomorrow.

"Don't you ever say that bullshit again. Understand, cadet?" I spat venomously.

Eren blinks stupidly as he processes what just happened. His green eyes narrow as he glares at me.

"Tell me, Captain. What do you think you can provide for (F/N) that I can't?" Eren sneers. "Can you protect her? Will you cherish her love? Will you love her as much as she loves you? Will you always be by her side during times of need?" He blurts.

"Tch. Of course, you bothersome brat," I reply.

"I could provide her a family, everlasting happiness and joy. I could support her and comfort her through thick and thin," he growls. "I could give her anything and everything. What could you do?"

"Tch."

"All you ever did was break (F/N)'s heart. You had your chance, Captain. (F/N) is mine now," Eren argues heatedly.

Veins pop out of my neck as I start shaking with rage. "Shut the fuck up!" I scream. I clench my fists so tightly it hurts.

"Don't. You. Say. That. Ever. Again." I say through gritted teeth.

I pick Eren up by the collar and throw him to the ground.

"(F/N) would never love someone as pathetic as you," I shoot a menacing glare at him. "We all know she would choose me over you any day, idiot."

Eren gets up and shoves me away.

"How do you know? I think she already chose. I mean... I am her boyfriend after all," Eren smirks. "And is it really about who she would choose? Don't you think I could give her more? Don't you think I could giver her a better, more ideal life?"

"Like hell you will," I growl.

"Don't you want (F/N) living a prosperous life? A life free of worries? You want the best for her right? Even if it means putting her happiness before yours. That is - if you truly love her." Eren reasons. "Can't you see that I can give her a perfect life?"

My body becomes rigid as I hear his words.

Eren throws me another smirk as he walks out of my office.

"So the games begin, Captain...

And may the best man win."

---

How long has it been since my last update? 😅😅 Too busy being Kpop trash. These comebacks and rookie groups are so ugh.

MIANHAE. SARANGHAE. 😭
I NEED YOU GIRL WAEEEEEE.
Whoever knows this song is the real mvp. eoeo 🎀

Anyway I j-hope you enjoyed this chapter. Until next time.

-kookie <3