unexpected

"I love you, (F/N)," Eren smiled at you.

You smiled back and mumbled, "I love you too."

You had started to really, truly love Eren. You were starting to move on.

Eren loved you to the moon and back, as he told you countless times. He wanted to be with you forever. He wanted to protect you in this titan infested world. He wanted to stay by your side for eternity. He wanted to heal the pain that Levi had afflicted.

Eren was a sweetheart. Levi was in the past, and now you were focused on starting a future with Eren.

---

I love you, (F/N). I always have.

Levi silently scolded himself. No. That sounded too damn cheesy.

He took a deep breath and tried again.

(F/N), I love you. I know you're with Eren, but I love you. And I don't know what to do.

No. No. No. That sounded desperate.

Levi had been doing this for over an hour. He had paced back and forth in his office trying to figure out how to confess to you. But everything he thought of sounded so stupid. Why couldn't he do this? He was humanity's strongest soldier, yet he couldn't confess his feelings to a girl.

When Levi found out that you and Eren were dating, he was happy for you. You had finally found someone that you would love. But that happiness soon turned to jealousy.

When he saw you and Eren holding hands, hugging, and kissing, he became envious. Levi longed for you to be by his side again.

He wanted you back.

---

"EREN! PUT ME DOWN!" you screamed.

Eren just laughed hysterically and shook his head.

Eren had barged into the dining hall during dinner and threw you over his shoulder before running out.

"Eren! Where the hell are you taking me?" you asked.

"Just wait and see, Princess," Eren replied.

You blushed at the pet name that Eren had given you.

---

Flashback:

"(F/N)," Eren mumbled your name while entangling his fingers with yours.

Eren and you had snuck out at midnight to watch the night sky. So now you two were laying side by side on a grassy hill enjoying the beautiful view.

"Hmm," you hummed in response.

"When this is all over, when this world is rid of those disgusting Titans, I will marry you," Eren said. Your eyes widened as you looked over to him. His turquoise eyes blazed with confidence. "I'll always protect you. You're my everything. You're my world. And I could never live without you."

"God, Eren. You're so damn cheesy." You snuggled closer to his chest and smiled. "But I love that about you."

Eren smiled. "I love you too, Princess."

"Princess?" you asked, looking bewildered. "Out of all the names you could've chosen, you choose 'Princess'? I am no Princess!"

"Well, you're my Princess," Eren smiled.

---

Eren reached his destination. He lightly set you down in front of a door.

You looked around. Where were you?

It took a few seconds for you to realize you were in front of Corporal Levi's office.

Shit. Shit. No. Anywhere but here. Eren, you fucking douche.

You swore under your breath. You turned around, ready to kick Eren in his you-know-where, only to find that he had disappeared.

"I'll fucking kill him later," you grumbled as you reluctantly knock on Levi's door.

"State your name and business," you heard Levi's emotionless voice.

"(F/N) (L/N), sir. Umm, Eren brought me here," you say.

"Come in," Levi replied.

You opened his door, getting a feeling of déjà vu from that night so many months ago.

"Hello, sir-" you started, but was cut off by Levi.

"Levi. Call me Levi, (F/N)," he muttered.

"Okay. Hello, Levi. What do you want from me?" You asked a bit warily.

Though you had told yourself countless times that you didn't love Levi anymore, a part of you would never let go of him. Levi held a special place in your heart. He was your first love after all.

"I'm going to cut the crap and tell you something," Levi grumbled. "I'm going to say it once, and once only, so you better listen, brat."

He sighed and clicked his tongue before continuing.

"I love you."

Levi had said it so softy that you could barely hear it. A light blush dusted his cheeks.

What? Did he just confess to me? No, I must've heard wrong.

Your eyes widened as thoughts raced through your mind.

"Sorry. I didn't catch that. Can you repeat it?" you asked.

"I told you to listen, idiot!" Levi growled.

"I know. I know. I'm sorry, Levi!" you apologized. "I wasn't paying attention. Just repeat it!"

"Tch, you're a fucking retard," Levi mumbled. But nevertheless, Levi repeated, "I. Love You."

The only thing that you could think of was:

Oh shit.