10

"Blaine, hun, please tell me what happened."

He mumbled something Kurt couldn't hear.

"What?"

"Nothing, okay?" he burst out. "I just- I just wanted to!" he started crying. "I- I just wanted to. I have this sick need to hurt myself. And I can't, I just can't fight it."

"Oh, Blaine," Kurt whispered, hugging him.

There was a knock on the doorway, both of them looking over. "Hey, I... Blaine, can I talk to you for a minute?" Jeff asked softly.

Kurt gave Blaine a kiss on the forehead. "I'll get you something to eat while you two talk."

He left and Blaine nervously played with the hems of his sleeves as Jeff walked over and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Blaine, do you take antidepressants?"

Blaine shook his head.

"You see a therapist?"

He shook his head again.

"Who else knows about this except Kurt and I?"

"No one," he said quietly.

"You have to get help."

"I have Kurt."

"Blaine, Kurt's not a medical professional. Have you even seen him lately? Like, really looked at him?"

That had gotten his attention. Blaine looked up at him. "What do you mean?"

"He's barely keeping himself together, Blaine. He is your boyfriend and he loves you so much he's sacrificing his mental health for yours. And you can't let him do that."

"He- I'm not making him do anything-"

"I didn't say you were. But you're letting him. You will feel so much better on some medicine, with a medical professional to talk to. Kurt will always be by your side, bending over backwards for you. But he doesn't know what to do. None of us do. But a doctor would."