11

"Is Blaine still not joining us?" Sebastian asked curiously, reaching for the water pitcher.

"No, but he-"

Kurt's sentence stopped short and Sebastian realized what he had done.

He swallowed, pouring himself a glass of water, painfully aware that he had accidentally used his injured hand, his sleeve falling back and showing his wrist in all it's bruised glory.

"He what?" Sebastian asked, setting the pitcher back down.

"What happened to your wrist?" Kurt asked, voice hardly above a whisper.

He didn't receive an answer.

"What happened to your wrist, Sebastian?" he repeated.

"Nothing," Sebastian mumbled, tugging down his sleeve.

"Why does it matter?" Jeff asked.

Kurt turned to him. Jeff could see the same look in his eyes he had when Kurt had thought he was Blaine.

It wasn't some emotion he hadn't seen before. He just hadn't recognized it.

It was fear.

"Because Blaine was him for a day, and I need to know if he put that there."

"He- he did," Sebastian spoke up, "but he doesn't know he did. I didn't say anything because I didn't want him to find out."

"Can I see it?" Kurt asked softly.

Sebastian nodded, Kurt reaching across the table to take his hand. His hands were soft and warm, and he was very gentle with his wrist. He didn't think he'd ever been handled so gently.

"I'm not a snowflake, Kurt," he joked.

"But you are hurt," Kurt pointed out. He was still just as gentle. "He didn't mean to hurt you, you know. He was consciously trying not to, by the looks of it."

"What do you mean?"

"Look at how it goes all the way around," Kurt said, lightly tracing the bruise with his finger. "He was holding it in his other hand, keeping himself from hurting himself because it'd hurt you."