Chapter 1: An Eternity

Gripping him by his protective vest, I stared into his eyes and felt the heavy and unending hunger that grew in me.

I was famished for the balance of the blood of my people that was spilt.

Despite his twisted mind, I wanted vengeance for Kai, for everyone who lost their lives in this endless war.

I pushed off the ground, gripping his vest tighter and as we flew into the dark sky, I continued flying until below us was simply the tops of the forest trees.

He was pleading, telling me about his family, his friends, his children.

Giving him a soft smirk, I nodded, "I'm doing this for my family, my friends, one day, my children. I'm sure you understand." I said softly before I let go and watched him grab at the wind that sucked him to the ground.

His scream was the only sound that echoed through the forest, and the splat of his body told me he'd exploded all over the earth in a mosaic way.

Flying back down, I slowly lowered to the ground, placing both feet to the freshly blood soaked soil.

Walking past the warriors that stood beside me, I felt so much pride, such a full heart. Jolene was smiling at me with a look similar to mine.

Vydia stared in awe before smiling, I gave her a soft smile back. She was amazing with those swords, I'm planning on keeping her if I can. 

That reminds me, staring over at Lana, I watched her hold the hand of two others and smile at me, I returned a light one but kept my game face on and turned to Israfel.

He fucked with the wrong girl, and he awoke at the wrong time, I'll make sure he knows it too.

Jameson stared at me in complete disbelief before dropping to his knees and bowing his head to me as he was beside Israfel.

It is always better to be loved before feared, I am bred on love, Israfel is simply fear "These, are my people." I said confidently and loudly, my chest shaking as the power generated out of me.

My own voice shocked me, "The people of the great Goddess Nyxess." I reminded him, letting him know there is a Goddess and she is known for her work.

He will never take away her glory.

Stepping closer, I felt my wings run over the blood in the grass. Reaching down, I grabbed the weapon from some dead scums hands.

I stopped and looked to him as I rose my wings up, "Ask yourself this, are you ready to die for yours? I was, I still am." I said lifting the handle and feeling the weight of the spiked metal ball as it bounced from the metal chain.

Israfel stared at me and then everyone around him who slowly stood.

My people.

Nyx's people.

I swung the ball and chain twice before letting it fly and watching as it took him to a tree and stuck to his stomach.

His stomach bled but he didn't die, he was weak though.

Israfel yanked it out and tossed it to the floor before charging for me.

Taking two steps forward, I sprung my wings forward in a gush and watched him topple to his back trying to catch his breath.

"Dad." I said out loud, looking over to the direction I last saw him in.

Thomas walked over and gave me a small smile before staring ahead at Israfel, "What should we do with him kid?" He asked as if I was in charge.

I watched Israfel try to get up, he didn't get to though. Lana was over him pinning him to the floor with a gun pointed right at his skull and a look of fury in her eyes.

Slowly, Israfel began looking sick and weak, changing into an almost corpse like creature.

Lauch stood and stared over at me, "Lock him away. If he dies, men like that idiot will continue to try and reawaken him." Lauch said staring from Jameson, who was still shaking in fear asking for my forgiveness, before looking back at me.

Dayna stared in disbelief and stepped forward, "You can't be serious?! Anyone who finds him could easily get him out." She said furiously.

Not if....well if he's locked away forever.

A hand slipped into mine and I stared over at Michael feeling my heart leap in my chest with relief and happiness. He's still alive and okay, but

Michael?

I had a feeling the spell would break and kick him out of my head.

"I have a place." I said to Dayna who gave Israfel a long and scared stare before nodding, "I trust you won't put your people in trouble. But understand that I would rather he die." She said turning and taking Lincoln's hand walking away with him.

Emma stumbled forward, "I trust you. What can we do to help?" She asked gesturing to Kala and some other girl.

I stared at the dead bodies, "Gather the bodies. I will deal with Israfel alone." I said staring at the weak and sick 'glorious dark lord'.

Grabbing his leg, I looked to Jolene who gave me a small smile and I returned one, "I'll be back by sunrise." I said before pushing off the ground and flying into the sky with the sickened and weak Israfel.

Bastard.

Flying myself to the back of the Vangsvere Castle, I brought him in through an old entrance and down through a few halls avoiding being seen and since everyone is out in the forest, no one should find me anyways.

I whispered the spell and as the wall sunk in, I hurried and it shut behind me before I dragged Israfel through the many old artifacts that Jolene kept in her for safe keeping before the war began. Taking him through them and to the cell, I made sure to yank hard over the steps and let him get a good couple hits.

Tossing him inside, I took the small vial that sat on the ground with the spell book and drank the blood before holding both hands up and whispering as low as I could, the spell of the lock that once held Lauch for so many centuries.

As it went up, I felt relief and took the page, tearing it out. "You'll spend an eternity here, starving and crying, pouting about the life you could've had. No one will visit, no one will see your vision awaken. I alone will keep this world alive. You will never age, you will never eat, feed or enjoy any part of life." I said coldly.

He began yelling at me in old Latin and I spat at him before taking the books and going out the door saying the spell to lock the wall and seal him in for good.

"And there, you will rot." I said softly before plucking a rose and going out the garden and to the hall letting the door close behind me.

Taking the book to my room, I placed it on my dresser and headed outside locking and shutting the door.

Going out the back doors, I flew back into the sky and headed toward the river lighting the page on fire and watching it burn to ash before I placed the ashes into the lake.

There they went, the spell was gone, forever.

It sealed his fate.

______________________________

AUTHORS NOTE:

Yes, this is the first chapter of the book. Yes I will be posting it BEFORE 2020. Why? Because I love you guys and honestly I'm so excited to write this up.

Enjoy! New chapters will be up every Friday 😊💛