Chapter 23: Another Crack

God this pain, it's just growing and growing, my ribs feel like they're being punched.

I looked to Lincoln and turned my back to him, "Can you massage my ribs?" I asked moving my hair aside.

He nodded and continued talking to Lucien while massaging the ribs.

Then a crack came and I stared over at Lincoln who looked at me and eyed my ribs. "Did you break a rib?" He asked confused.

Then another crack came, ouch.

He didn't touch me but two more cracks came. What the fuck?

I inhaled and felt the sharp pain, Koda gave me a strange stare and I looked down at my stomach as I stood, two more cracks.

"It's okay, I just, I have to find Michael." I said calmly before Koda looked to me, "The wall, roses." He said catching me off guard but then I nodded and went to the rose garden.

Why the hell would he be there?

I headed to the garden and whispered the spell before going inside and the door shut, Michael was shouting in Latin

The door shut and I headed up to Israfel and Michael, "Michael?" I asked softly.

Another crack.

He stared down at me and dropped his anger, "What's wrong?" He asked walking over and another crack came. 

Israfel said something and Michael looked down at me before talking back to Israfel. He spoke back, then silence filled and Michael said something, I heard Nyx, and Israfel spoke again, this time saying my name.

Michael took my hand and turned me around slowly before running his hand up my back, he said something again to Israfel, then earned a response.

"Anne, it's Nyx." He said softly.

But?

"Why would Nyx be cracking my ribs?" I asked hissing and placing my hands on his shoulders to hold me up.

He stared down at my face, "Israfel says that when he first saw you he was amazed, you look exactly like Nyx, only younger. He said she plans to take your body. She plans to be reborn into your body." He said low and staring back at Israfel.

I shook my head, "I don't trust him." I said scowling at Israfel who hissed at me.

Freak.

Michael leaned down and scooped me up into his arms, "Non opus." Israfel said.

He looked back at Israfel, "Ego Temptare." He said low.

Israfel sighed, "Ego potest auxilium eius." He was pressing his forehead to the bars as he said it.

Michael walked to the bars and got close, "Ego autem non dimisi ut tangeres eam." He spat in anger.

A laugh came, short and subtle before Israfel waved and walked away.

I gave him a weird look, "He wants to help you, he says he can help. I told him to fuck off." He said walking me out the room.

A smile came across my lips and I looked to Michael, "I miss you Mikey." I said as he spelled the door shut.

The smell of the roses came to my nose, mixed with the scent of old books and armor.

He put me down and plucked a rose holding it out to me, "You're still my number one girl Ace." He said quietly before tucking my hair behind my ear.

I took the rose and smelt it before running my hand up my chest, "You can go back to hating me when we get out. But for now, can we go back to loving each other?" I asked boldly.