Chapter 50: He's So In Love With Her

FOUR DAYS LATER

NEVANAS POV:

Viktor walked ahead with Valdus, both of them talking about what life used to be like. He was a good father, possibly one of the best I've ever seen.

Killian was a good father too, but he often let our children learn from their own mistakes instead of preventing them entirely. Alice married Abe despite him knowing about Abe's promiscuity. That always bothered me, but I think I've grown to just take it and turn my head from it.

All these years I've looked away from the parts of Killian I didn't like. The fact Killian hated my family, never let me see them, the fact my mother died and I wasn't allowed to attend her funeral. Originally I was taken as a prisoner, but instead he married me and said it would be an insult to the Nysroughs and he liked that.

The only reason I stayed was Kilana, she was amazing, one of the kindest and strongest woman I'd ever met.

Then of course Jolene, she was there to scold Killian when he'd put me down.

We only make a great team because he's always worried about himself and I too, worry about him. Therefore, we both have him as our main priority.

It would make sense why Melissa would choose Viktor over Killian.

I've been watching him for the last four days, he's different than Killian, he enters the home first, scouts and then asks us to come in. Killian would've asked that I check the top and he'd check the bottom floor.

He sees me more as one of the brothers than his wife. I don't want a team, I want a marriage like one I've read about in stories.

I stepped over the bear trap and Anne was walking and looking very drained.

She kept looking to Valdus's neck and part of me wondered....I know what vampires blood would do to her, shed go insane with rage. But I doubt humans blood would do the same.

Moving past her to Valdus, I stepped up beside him and looked to Viktor, "Anne needs blood and at this point we need something stronger than animal blood." I confessed quietly.

Valdus looked down at me and I gave him a hopeful stare, Viktor looked back at Anne and then to his son. "It's your choice." He said but then added "I recommend you do it. She's the best chance we have at fighting."

It didn't take Valdus long, he actually was unzipping his jacket as Viktor began to speak. He stared at Viktor and gave a nod before turning and walking back to Anne.

He took her waist and pulled her toward him bringing her face to his neck. She fought weakly and he began demanding she drank. Again, she fought, and I watched her hit his chest before taking a moment and then he dropped his head back with his eyes shut.

Valdus dropped to his knees and Anne held him up while drinking.

I looked to Viktor who was staring at me with a curious stare, "You thirsty?" He asked stepping closer.

He'd offer, wouldn't he? I shook my head, "I'm much older than Anne, I can go quite a while without blood." I said trying not to sound flirtatious in any way.

Viktor gave a nod while staring at Valdus, "Is he in pain?" He asked.

I laughed a bit at that and caught his stare, "No, actually the complete opposite. The feeling of a vampire drinking from you is supposed to be greater than any drug. It's why humans are so easy to-well they're desperate for it." I said picking my words carefully.

He gave a look to Valdus and then the floor, "He's a strong kid, he won't be addicted." He said surely, as if to convince himself.

The problem in that equation is that Valdus has feelings for Anne, so strong that he might become obsessed. The love and the addiction, it could mean if he didn't before, he absolutely would throw himself in front of an army of wolfvamps to save her.