Chapter 36: Grim

"Lift." Viktor called as he bent and we all began pulling the boat onto shore.

Sam and Thomas swam out two days ago to bring wood back, they managed to collect a lot in a large boat, and as it docked, I gave one last pull.

A hand moved up from behind me pulling the rope above where I pulled, and I stared over my shoulder to see Valdus with a blunt in his mouth and his eyes slightly red, he gave a pull and the muscles of his arms tensed.

The ship docked and I dropped the rope looking to Viktor who gave me a small smile, "Your daughters a kickass young lady." He said to Thomas.

I watched Thomas give me a small smirk before looking to Viktor, "Don't tell her that, her heads already big enough." He said teasing me before going onto the ship.

I'm not big headed.

I'm not, right?

I pursed my lips and turned to Ryker, "I'm not big headed, am I?" I asked quietly.

A hand ruffled my hair and I turned to see Valdus, "Move, big head." He joked before going past me and up onto deck.

Ha! Funny Val, funny.

I watched Ryker laugh and then shake his head, "No one would notice if you did, Vlads Head is big enough to cover the damn island." He said salty.

Ryker has a lot of beef with Vlad, and I can't blame him, Vlad is a shit head.

Michael walked over and ran a hand over my hip kissing my cheek before going up onto deck.

Mm, sweet kisses.

I smiled and stared at Michaels ass as he climbed up onto the ship. Im the luckiest girl in the world, his ass puts every baseball players ass to shame!

Killian eyed the ship over, "You know if Thomas wants to break it down?" He asked Jeffrey who gave a nod. "Most likely, it's all wood." He said gesturing to it.

We have generators that help keep the electricity going for everything but we often like to light bonfires instead of cooking, it saves electricity.

Not only that, but we enjoy the heat on colder nights.

I went to the small ladder and climbed up pulling myself onto deck and stepping on watching everyone grab the crates and organize fragile vs not.

The ones that weren't fragile got tossed off the boat.

Fragile was carefully taken down with ropes.

I reached down into one of the crates and it began moving. A small crying sound came from it and I stepped back cautiously as I watched it.

Did he get more chickens? We have more than enough. We even have a ton of goats. We don't need any lambs.

I watched it while Thomas walked over to it and smiled over at me, "I got you a birthday gift." He said cocking an eyebrow at me.

Giving him a cautious stare, I smiled softly and Valdus walked over staring at the crate, "Is it a python?" He asked.

I laughed, "Oh yeah, because that would be a gift id want." I joked.

He smirked and I shook off his stupid guess, then watched Michael walk over and hand me a crowbar.

I slowly took the crowbar and Michael smirked softly before kissing my forehead, "You'll love it Ace." He said quietly.

Will I?

I tucked my hair back and used the crowbar, opening the crate, I carefully lifted the lid and stared down at the tiny little fur ball.

Oh my god, it's so sweet! So tiny!

It was a tiny little puppy!

It yapped and I laughed bringing it to my face as it's tail wagged rapidly in excitement.

"Where the hell did you find a puppy?" I asked cooing as it licked my face.

He pet the puppy, "We found it beside its mother. She'd been killed and the pup was too young. It wouldn't have survived on its own." Thomas said making me realize, both the pup and I both lost our moms.

It made me feel a bit closer to it.

I gave it a small kiss on the head and Michael walked over placing his jacket over my shoulder and the puppy zipping it up. I laughed and he smiled down at me giving me a kiss.

"Go take it to your room, I'm sure it needs to rest." Thomas said before filling the dogs crate with blankets.

I gave a nod and Michael wrapped an arm around me before carrying me with him down the ladder.

It was a funny thing to see, I'm sure of it, I had my hands full with the puppy though!

He placed me to my feet and I gave him another kiss before passing Ryker who peeked into the jacket smiling at the puppy, "That's a mastiff, he's going to be huge." He said with rose eyebrows.

A huge dog huh?

Maybe it'll help me defeat those fuckers when the time comes.

I walked the pup to the house and Jolene gave me a look, "You smell like dog." She said furrowing her eyebrows.

Smiling, I showed her the pup and she made an "Awe" sound before looking it over, "Go give it a bath, use warm water, not too warm though." She said with wide eyes.

I gave a nod and went up the stairs to my room.

Passing Lauch in his room, I cringed as I watched him with Minerva, the two were making out in his room.

Ew!

I cringed, "Thats gross, I think of you as my grandfather." I said in disgust.

He laughed, and despite the fact he looks like he's around Viktors age, I know he's much much older.

His eyes moved to Michaels jacket, "What are you hiding there?" He asked curiously.

I walked into his room and Minerva gave me an annoyed look but I didn't care. I'll leave soon, trust me I don't want to be here.

Showing him the puppy, he laughed, "Oh wow, he was serious. He said he was going to get you a companion so you don't get pregnant. I didn't know he was serious." He said petting the puppy.

He what?!

To what?!!

I frowned and Headed to my room in disbelief, but I quickly got over it when I sat on my bathroom floor lathering the puppy in soap and watching it yap and jump around.

The door closed and I turned my attention to see Lincoln walk in with wide eyes and a smile, "You got him!" He said laughing.

Oh he knew too?

He must've noticed my confusion, "There's a vision I had of you with this massive black dog, you call him Grim by the way." He said smirking.

Grim. I like it.

The little Grim, monster and reaper.

"I kill, and you take them to their final destination. I like it." I said to Grim who tumbled and got up yapping some more.

Grim.