Chapter 41: The Seven Saviors

LANAS POV:

"No, Michael you can't go. You're the only source we have to tell us they're okay." Jolene said while he paced back and forth.

Thomas sighed, "We'll create a team. No one who isn't willing to die, will be made to go." He said looking around at the large table.

"Anyone who has kids, a family, I strongly suggest you stay." He added.

Viktor slammed his hand down, "Like hell I'm staying, that's my kid out there!" He said furiously.

Thomas gave a nod, "If you want to join, I understand." He said.

Jolene gave Thomas a worried look, "You're going?" She asked quietly.

His eyes moved over her to her belly, "Yeah, Our kids out there too." He said while she nodded in agreement.

"Killian, I need you here with Erebus, you two protect everyone here. Keep order while I'm gone." Thomas said while the two gave a nod.

Ben leaned forward "I owe Anne a lot, I'll be proud to help." He said but Thomas looked to me and shook his head, "Anne wouldn't want you or your family doing more. You've given a lot already." He said making me sigh internally with relief.

"I'm coming." Edwin said as he stood, he looked to his kids then to his wife and ex-wife. "Anastasia, Hilda, I love you both." He said proudly.

Anastasia and Hilda I learned are like sister wives, although he's legally married to Hilda, she was open to the thought of him with Anastasia since his marriage to Hilda was arranged. Anyway, she had a child with Luscious too. So in a way, it's more like an open marriage.

Koda stood, "My mothers the one who took them, it's only right if I help bring them back." He said bravely.

Thomas gave a nod, "Glad to have you on our side Koda." He said.

So that's who? Thomas, Viktor, Edwin and Koda? They still need at least two more.

"I'll go." Bekerus, a vampwolf, said as he stood.

He would be a very good asset to have.

Nevana stood, "It's my siblings who began this mess. I'm in." She said crossing her arms over her chest.

Killian stood "No, Nevana, you aren't leaving." He said but she ignored him, "I've fought men three times the size of any vampwolf. Remember Killian, I'm a Nysrough." She said before Thomas gave her a nod to come.

"That makes Me, Edwin, Viktor, Koda, Bekerus and Nevana. Anyone else? Remember this does not weigh to your title as a hero or not. Staying is just as hard as leaving." Thomas said.

Lauch looked to us and then to Thomas, "Woah, you forgot my name. Did you really think I'd let you go out there without me? That's my granddaughter out there!" He said in disbelief.

Thomas rolled his eyes like Anne does, "Alright so it's me, Viktor, Edwin, Koda, Bekerus, Nevana and Lauch. Better?" He asked.

Lauch gave a nod.

I smirked softly and watched as Michael placed down three duffels, "Weapons, make sure you are ready." He said holding out knives too.

After they got all weaponized, they said good bye to their families. I watched Jameson Give Koda a hug and then Rosie cried while hugging Koda too.

They'd grown close in that home.

Link walked over and slipped something into my hand, "Give it to Thomas." He said quietly.

I stood and went to Thomas shaking his hand and putting the item in it. He pocketed it without looking and thanked me.

When I went back to Link, I gave him a confused look, "What was it?" I asked.

Link gave me a small smile, "You just saved his life. Trust me." He said kissing my forehead and then leaving.

I what? How?

Ben gave me a confused look, "that was weird." I commented before focusing on Thomas who was leaving.

I hope they bring back Anne.

THOMASS POV:

We rowed about an hour out before I pulled out the item Vydia gave me and stared down at the small vial. Blood.

On it said 'Heal' and I opened it, taking a sniff. Anne's blood. Not just Anne's blood, but the one before she was awakened. After she'd died, her blood stopped healing people, this was old blood. This was...well it's priceless.

Shutting it, I put it back in my vest pocket.

Hopefully I don't have to use it.

I'm coming Kid, dads gonna rescue you.

"So are we like the seven saviors or something?" Bekerus asked as we made it to shore.

Nevana gave him a look of annoyance and I shrugged off the idiotic title.

Viktor shook his head, "No, just family." He said what we all thought and we headed into the forest.

NEVANAS POV:

Is it wrong of me to hope that while I'm away Killian gets his moment with Melissa?

I watched Viktor with lots of determination as he began searching the grounds for anything he could find to help him direct to his son.

We should've taken Michael, he could've helped guide us.

But Lincoln told me that he wouldn't have made it back.

We've all seen Anne without Michael, she's very weak.

"How are you holding up?" I looked back at Thomas as he walked beside me giving me a glance before focusing on the trees.

I've been getting that a lot.

At first, I was distraught, embarrassed.

I shrugged, "He'll realize that no one could love him like I can, and then he'll feel foolish for ever having left me." I responded quietly.

Viktor shouldn't have to hear this.

Thomas nodded, "When this is all over, I mean everything is over. There will be four leaders. One for the vampires, one for the witches, one for the werewolves and one for the humans. Although everyone's voted Jolene, I understand we will be having kids of our, Hopefully. I want it to be you." He said before patting my back and then going toward Koda.

Me? A leader? I doubt that'd ever happen. A Nysrough can't lead, no one would ever allow it. Especially not Abe and Erebus.

I ran my hand through my hair pushing it back with annoyance.

Viktor stopped in his tracks and stared down at something. I walked over and bent down eyeing the lemon drop.

Picking it up, I took a sniff, then handed it to Bek who sniffed it, "Annalise." He said after a moment.

Alright, that's it.

Thomas eyed the candy, "It's not Anne's." He said tossing it down onto the floor.

Viktor took a step forward, confused, as was Lauch and I.

Koda lifted another off the floor, "It's not Anne, she'd never eat lemon drops." He said shaking his head. Thomas looked to him and gave a nod, "He's right, it's not Anne. Someone's trying to make it look like it is though." He said eyeing the trees again.

Let's see who then, "Come on, follow them." I said going ahead and following the lemon drops. My bow and arrow ready, I held guard and as one of the rabid vampires ran my way, I aimed and let the arrow fly through its skull taking its body off the ground and into a tree.

"Damn."

Staring over at Viktor, I watched his eyes move from me to the vampire.

He looked highly amused. I'm guessing Melissa isn't good at her aim.