Chapter 2: Female Samurai Sword Master

It's been four days since the battle, we had a huge funeral for those who passed, and then a burning for our enemies corpses.

It was filled with long hours and a lot of exhausting nights with so much disbelief.

Kristoffer was back, which was so odd, and although he had a bit of a pale tone to his skin, he was alive and back like normal.

Eva won't let him spend a moment alone, in fact she moved into a room with him. Their parents almost had a heart attack when they saw Kris. It was beautiful to see though.

Aunt Jo paid Lana two million dollars for her help, and when they left this morning, Lana told me she was going to send me letters and that if ever we need her help she will be there.

Turns out Lana's brother and best friend were awakened from that whole mess and she was planning on starting a whole new life away from everything, with them.

I had Michael cast a good luck spell over them, I believe it's time that girl has her good day.

Dayna and Lincoln left, due to the fact Dayna secretly hated me for some odd reason.

Vydia stayed with Lucien, and they've been such big help, huge help actually, they even have their friend Tyler and Lucien's brother Donny to help. (Donny's a bit of an ass to everyone but Lucien says that's just how he is.)

Emma and Kala stayed, along with Jayda. I guess they all came from the same broken home and were just really close friends who felt like sisters. But they want to stay with Jayda and well we want to teach Jayda how to handle being a vampire in the world.

All was right though, and somehow, everything felt good.

Leandro was back with Lily who seemed a bit conflicted about him but he treated her the way he used to, with such care and worry.

Of course, my anger from him ever letting her vanish in the first place is still there.

I even learned how to get my wings to fold back into my body. It hurt to get used to, but Lauch was determined to help me.

Ronnie, Jack and Landon are all really close now and seem to stick together. They all share that 'I was locked up in prison for years' thing in common. Even Millie is sticking to them closely, she's like the Harley Quinn of their twisted group.

"You said three!" Lily exclaimed while looking to Faye who scoffed and shook her head, "No, I said two." She stated.

Lily looked beside her to Leandro and then the other side to a guy who went by the name Ryker.

Apparently Ryker is a guy Lana used to date, they didn't see eye to eye and ended on awkward terms. (Mostly because of Ben) but he too decided to stay with us. (I have this theory that Ryker is secretly in love with Lily. I can tell by the way he looks at Lily.)

As for Shiko, he's with Chief Dariko, I missed my 'mate' but I knew he wanted to be home.

We gave Chief Dariko the news and let him know his people's existence will be kept under wraps.

Sitting down beside Michael, I smiled over at him and he leaned down taking my lips and melting me to the core.

He had his arm around my waist but focused on Lucien and Donny's conversation.

Our group grew and I liked it.

Michael, Kris, Eva, Lily, Leandro, Lincoln, Koda, Delora, Faye, Kora, Vydia, Lucien, Tyler, Ryker, Donny, Emma, Kala and Jayda.

It was a huge table filled with...well a family.

That's what we were, just one big family, and I guess battling the worlds most insane war together truly brings people together.

Vydia leaned in and handed me two cards, "Twenty one." She said before bringing a Rice Crispy Treat to her lips and handing two cards to Tyler who piped in to join.

"I want in!" Kala said smiling over and looking to Vydia.

I watched as Vydia handed her two cards and I lifted my two watching Michael peak at them but not show any facial reactions.

I got an Ace and king.

Twenty one.

Smirking, I skipped twice before putting my cards down and Vydia gave a small bummed pout, "Damn you're good." She said thoughtfully.

I liked Vydia, she was clearly the type of girl that put others before her all the time and I admire that.

The bell rang through and I stared up at the ceiling.

Its weird hearing that sound again.

We took so long from school that this place didn't feel like an academy but rather a home. Now though, well it is a home.

Everyone is required to take combat class though now, which is great news. I was in the advance class with Bronx, Michael, Leandro and Kala who is actually an astonishing fighter.

Bronx has his eye on her but that wouldn't be the first time, the guy goes through girls like seasons.

I stood first and watched Eva and Kris get up racing out the dining hall laughing about who would beat who.

Lincoln sighed and stretched before tossing an arm over Kora and kissing her, "Make sure you take a snack." He said to her before she nodded and blushed heading with Jayda to their class.

Michael gave me a small kiss before going out the dining hall with Lucien and Donny to class.

Koda was shoving a muffin into his mouth while Kala told him to hurry his ass up.

Bronx left with Faye, Delora, Lily and Ryker, while Vydia and Emma began picking up at the left over trash and I grabbed us all water bottles before handing them one each.

Vydia cracked it open, "I never knew I'd be in college with a bunch of vamps." She said amused.

Yeah, "I never knew I'd be attending class with a female samurai sword master." I joked, watching her laugh sarcastically and smirk.

It's going to be an interesting year, I can feel it already.

"Anne!" A hushed whisper came to my ear and I jumped turning and staring behind me.

No one was there though.

I watched Vydia give me a strange look and smiled nervously, "Sorry, just got the chills." I lied watching her nod.

That was weird.