Chapter 6

Tyler's POV

I walk downstairs beside Josh.  I keep my eyes on the ground but out of the corner of my eye I can see Josh looking over at me every now and then.  I can't tell if it's because he wants to know if I'm okay or because he thinks I'm weird now.  Either way the silence between us was killing me.  Normally I would be happy to have silence but this kind of silence is awkward and heavy and it's killing me.  I sigh a bit louder than intended and I can feel Josh's eyes are suddenly staring at me.

"Are you sure you're alright?  We can go back upstairs for a little while more if you want."  I can hear the worry in his voice.

"I'm fine.  I promise." I say looking at him and giving him a forced smile.  He gives a small smile in return.  We reach the kitchen and I can see that the fridge door is wide open and half the cabinet doors are as well.

"Hey Tyler, sorry about Awsten already making a mess." Patrick smiles as Awsten's head peaks out from behind the fridge.  He flashes a quick smile before rummaging through my fridge again.  Me and Josh join Patrick sitting at the breakfast bar.

"What were you two doing aways?  Where you like fucking or something?" Awsten asks without removing his eyes from the cold food.

"Awsten!"  Patrick yells.

"Jeez it's just a joke dude.  You're so sensitive." Awsten puts his hands up in defense.

"And you're extremely rude." Patrick bickers.

"That's why y'all love me." He says blowing each of us a kiss and we all role our eyes. "So Tyler your house is huge and I assume you don't live here alone, so we're is your family?"

"My parents are working as usual and my siblings don't ever tell me where they are." I plainly state.

"Do your parents know we are here?"  Patrick asks nervously. 

I shake my head no.  "But don't worry they won't be home any time soon.  Honestly I probably won't see them until Sunday, it's the only day they don't work."

"That sucks." Awsten says finally closing the fridge. In his hands are all the material to make a sandwich.  He has bread, a tomato, a head of lettuce, uncooked bacon, all to make a sandwich.  "I'm going to make a sandwich, okay?"  I just nod my head yes knowing that no matter what I say he will make it anyway. Awsten continues to make a BLT while being in his own little world.

"So I'm guessing you have at least one gaming console." Patrick says as Awsten finished to put away the left over sandwich materials.

"He has an Xbox and ps4 just in his room." Josh jumps out of his seat. "Can we go upstairs a play something?"

I nod my head yes and Josh starts to run to the stairs gesturing for the rest of us to follow. We do and when we get up to my room Awsten and Patrick's jaws drop. They look around with the same amazed look that Josh had.

"Your room is like twice the size of mine and I have a big room." Patrick says.

"I know it's bigger than my living room." Josh laughs.

"It was a mistake to bring them here." Nico adds.

"Nobody asked for your opinion." Brendon starts the bickering. They go back and forth and I accidentally do a loud audible sigh.

"Sorry Tyler didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable we just meant it's a nice room." Patrick apologizes and I instantly feel bad.

"No you didn't I'm just a little tired." I quickly spit out and I can see Josh giving me a questioning look. "What game do you guys want to play?" I quickly change the subject.

"I kinda wish we could play Mario cart." Awsten says and I instantly light up.

"We can I have a switch in my closet and enough remotes for all of us." I run over to the closet and grab the switch and two extra remotes. I set up the console to the flat screen in my room. We play for about an hour and a half before Patrick's phone rings. He talks on the phone for a minute then hangs up.

"Sorry guys but I have to go home." He says sadly. He gives us a half smile and stands up.

"Come on Trick it's only 5:30. It's literally still light out." Awsten whines.

"Well my parents found out I wasn't at you're house and at someone's they don't know." He shakes his head. "So I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"I'll walk you to the door." I say and get up as well. We start to make our ways to the door. It's quiet between us but it's not awkward. When we arrive at the door Patrick turns towards me.

"Sorry I couldn't stay longer." He says with a sad smile.

"It's not your fault." I say.

"Well do me a favor and keep an eye on Awsten. He can get pretty crazy sometimes and without me around I'm kinda afraid you and Josh won't be able to keep him under control." Patrick face looks really worried and he spins is thumbs around each other.

"I'll keep an eye on him but I'm sure we will be fine." I give a reassuring smile. He nods his head and leaves. I make my way back up to my room and my mind can't shut up about what Patrick said.

"Awsten is probably dangerous or he's crazy like you." Nico teases.

"I'm not crazy and neither is Awsten. He just likes to have fun." I try to convince myself what I say is the truth.

"Yeah right you started that sentence off with a blatant lie." Nicos voice is harsh and sharp.

"Shut up." I say at almost a yell.

"You're okay Ty don't worry. Don't listen to him." Dallon calmly says.

"Okay, okay." I take a deep breath in before opening my bedroom door.

When I open the door I see Awsten lying on my bed with his head hanging off the end. Josh is sitting on his phone in the same bean bag chair he was in before.

"I'm bored." Awsten states. His green hair is hanging and the blood is clearly rushing to his head.

"Well what do you want to do?" I ask and he instantly sits up.

"Can you play something on the piano?" His face lights up and the blood that rushed to his head starts to return to its correct place.

"I guess." I say apprehensively. "But you can't make fun of me."

"I won't but can you also sing whatever song you play?" Awsten begs and that makes Josh look up from his phone.

"I don't know." I nervously rub my neck.

"Come on Ty we are all friends we won't make fun of you." Josh adds.

"I guess." I walk over to the piano and take a seat. I take a second to think about what song to play. I decided to play the first real song I learned. This is the first time I'm playing in front of anyone except like Dallon and Brendon. My fingers start to dance on the keys.

"Hey Jude..." I start to sing Hey Jude by The Beatles.