Chapter 20

Tyler's POV

"Hey no back flips! I'll kick you out next time!" The unamused teenager yell. It must suck working at a place where you have to just watch other people have fun.

"Sorry won't happen again." Josh replies as he climbs out of the foam pit. The employee just rolls his eyes. I pick up a few of the foam blocks and start to pelt Josh with them trying to make it harder for him to get out. He quickly turns to me and starts to pelt me as well. We end up starting full on world war 3. It only takes a few seconds for Awsten to happily throw blocks and soon after the rest follow. I notice Pete especially picking on Patrick. He seems to be his main target. Pete's friends Geoff and Andy were the last to join the war but Awsten got them to join by hitting Geoff right in the head. We had a free for all every man for themselves until the sour employee got fed up with our antics. He yelled at us to stop and exit the foam pit. I wonder what happened in his day to make him so sour. After the foam pit we decided to have a game of dodge ball.

"So how do you want to pick teams?" Josh asks while lightly jumping up and down.

"Awsten and I could be team captains." Pete offers. We agree that it sounds fair. They do Rock Paper Scissors to see who gets to pick first and Pete ends up wining.

"I pick Patrick." Pete says slightly turning red.

"Hey no fair he's my best friend." Awsten argues.

"Too bad you should've won." Pete says with a grin.

"Fine I pick Joshua." Awsten pouts.

"Glad I'm your second chose." Josh laughs.

"I get Andy." Pete continues the choices.

"I want Jordan."

"Tyler over here." I hear Josh sigh a little as I walk to the opposite side of him.

"I guess we get Geoff." Awsten gives a crooked smile to Josh as he gives a kinda sad face.

"Okay we are going to think of a game plan to defeat you scrubs." Awsten says as he shuffles his team far from the center so we won't hear.

"Too bad your not on Josh's team." Brendon says. I shrug my shoulder.

"We are so going to beat them." Pete says casually placing his arm around Patrick as they walk to the back of the trampoline. I can see Patrick's face blush as he smiles. Austen's team brakes there huddle as they get into position. There is a line of balls in the center of the trampolines already. We each place our had on the back wall as a count down begins. 3, 2, 1 and we all ran to grab a ball. I got one and so did Josh who is directly across from me. I bounce up and down doing different poses in the air. Out of nowhere Jordan throws a ball at me and I quickly dodge it. I swiftly grab the ball and return to jumping. I chuck both balls right at Josh one after another but he dodges both. He laugh at my failed attempts to get him out.

"You suck at this." Brendon laughs as well.

"Shut up." I mumble. I stop paying attention for just one second and a ball slams into my side. I see Awsten laughing as I stop jumping.

"Suck it Joseph!" He yells. I watch as another ball leaves Patrick's hand and hits Awsten right in the face.

"Ha karma bitch!" I yell back. We both move over to the side and watch the rest of the round play out. Awsten's team ends up winning which is a major disappointment.

"Best two out of 3." Pete calls. We all quickly agree and this time my team is determined to win. The same begging repeats but I didn't get a ball right away this time. I'm not first out either this round it was Andy. It takes me 3 tries before I get Josh out. My team wins and the final round starts. It's a slow round because everyone is being extra careful to not get out. Eventually Josh's team does end up wining.