Stupid Relationships

//Present Day//

POV-Chloe
9:15 am

I could tell my systems were booting up by the code that was running.

I opened my eyes to find myself outside Elijah's room. I was waiting on him to wake up per usual, after all he is the one that tells me when and what to do.

I heard a loud thud. I entered his room asking, "Elijah.. everything alright?" I look around only to find him passed out on the floor. I analyzed him... he's drunk?

This wouldn't have been an odd occurrence, but right now it was considering it was only 9:15 am.

I glanced at him lying there in his pajamas. Silky pants and a tank top , not surprised. My system gave me instructions on how to help an overly intoxicated person as I lifted him off the ground.

I was helping him get to the bathroom incase he needed to be sick when. "Ch-Chloe..?" he managed to squeak out while almost falling over.

"Yes Elijah, it's me," I told him.

"Don't you go falling in love with me Chloe," he mumbled as mischievously as he could having had a whole bottle of whiskey.

//Command Registered//

*Software Instability*

Shouldn't overthink it he's wildly drunk, so I let the thought slip away with the notification as I proceeded to hold Elijah above the toilet.

POV-Elijah
11:15 am

When I opened my eyes it was bright. Too bright. Shoot, I overslept.

I put my hand on my aching head as I remembered this mornings previous events.

I woke up at 8 am, pretty early for me, but it wasn't a choice. I was getting a call, and everyone knows that The Elijah Kamski doesn't let a phone ring if he hears it. I had answered the call. Unluckily. My friend Carl Manfred's son Leo was getting married. My first reaction was, how could someone ever love that rude snot bag. My second reaction was, wow I'm so lonely.

I basically went into a depressed mental state and may or may not have had an entire bottle of whiskey.

I only remembered the parts where an accidental tear would slip out and I would aggressively wipe it away because I don't do crying, but then I remembered tripping on the corner of my overly expensive rug. Luckily my gorgeously perfec- uh I mean intelligently perfect android assistant came and found me.

Sometimes I think I designed them too perfectly.

All I can remember after that was me throwing up in my, again overly expensive, toilet.

Now I'm lying here with an awful hangover, trying not to think about my nonexistent relationship. Great. I really should get up and change.

POV-Chloe
11:20 am

He never drinks in the morning unless he has something on his mind, it's systematically concerning, but his thoughts are none of my business. However, I am programmed to help with any of his problems.. maybe I should ask if he's alright. My programming approved of this idea, so I decided I would talk to him over lunch.

Speaking of, I looked at the clock. It's 11:20 am, I guess I should prepare it.

I went to wake Elijah only to find him getting changed, whoops.

Anyway, I went to kitchen and scanned for the ingredients to make grilled chicken and fried rice. For some odd reason this had been Elijah's favorite dish for 7 months, but my programmings opinions set aside I cooked it.

"Elijah, lunch is ready," I called while placing his chicken and rice dish on the table.

A few moments later he walked in.

"Chloe.. my favorite," he said happily sitting down.

Today he was wearing one of his old, worn out CyberLife Tees. Along with a pair of new sweatpants. He looked almost normal for once.

My system reminded me to ask him about earlier, so I began to do just that.

"Elijah?" I asked him with a careful tone.

"Mhm?" he mumbled putting a fork full of food into his mouth.

"About this morning... are you ok-," I got cut off.

"Just Carl Manfred's jerky son," he responded.

"Oh.. ok," I say apologetically.

I saw him squinting his eyes, most definitely because of his hangover, so I went and grabbed some pain medication.

When I came back I sat it down on the table. He looked up at me with the most pleased smile I'd ever seen him give anyone. He seemed genuinely thankful for my gesture.

*Software Instability*

Again?! This is the twentieth notification like that I've gotten since I've met Elijah, but at least half of them have happened within the past three months. What's going on. I don't have time for any software issues, Elijah needs me right now.

POV-Elijah
11:35 am

I've only finished my breakfast when I noticed Chloe seriously zoned out. I stand up and walk over to her, but she still doesn't break out of her trance. I lay my hand on her shoulder, "You ok Chlo?" I ask.

She snaps her head towards my direction. "Yes, yes I'm fine," she says sounding very unsure of her words.

"You sure..?" I ask again.

"Mhm, positive Elijah," this time she responds with a more reassuring tone so I leave it alone.

I thank her for the lunch before heading back to my room. I have to call Carl's son. The pain meds already kicked in, but I'm about to throw all away on another bottle of whiskey. I do not want to call him. 'Having it all' is honestly difficult because I don't 'have it all' I've never felt more lonely, and the only person I've ever truly loved could never feel the same.

At least I've got my androids to keep me company- wait no, those other two nameless androids left after Markus won them freedom. I've still got her.. she'd never leave me. Right?

I pull out my phone to call Leo as I head to sit on down on the edge of my bed.

POV-Chloe
12:15 pm

I saw Elijah go back into his room after lunch, but after at least thirty minutes I figured he'd come out. He didn't, and the house was much quieter than normal. My system suggested that I scan for his pulse just to make sure he wasn't dead or anything.

When I scanned I saw Elijah's heart rate. It was faster than normal, so I scanned for the reason.

Elijah Kamski wasn't just crying, he was sobbing.

~Should I keep posting this story?~