They Don't Know Me

POV-Elijah
9pm

Conan and Gavin left a bit ago, and I can't lie.. it really helped seeing my brother. I still do feel bad about his scar, but hey at least I said sorry at the station.

"Chlo, come here," I said, making room for her on the couch.

She came over and sat next to me, and I pulled her close onto my chest. "You mean everything to me," I mumbled while kissing the top of her head. I felt her smile as she wrapped her arms around me.

Chloe's LED spun a consistent yellow. "You ok?" I asked as I ran my fingers over the swirling color.

"I keep getting a call from this number..," she said while sitting up.

"Hm?" I mummer.

"I searched it, and I believe it's the Stratford tower number," she locked eyes with me.

"Probably an interview," I sighed, "you can answer it."

She nodded and her LED began to spin more quickly, "Yes.., mhm.., he is available tomorrow.., ok thank you!"

"You've got an interview tomorrow," she laughed.

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, what fun."

"I'll stay here, and watch it live," Chloe said as she cuddled back close to me.

I nodded, and interlaced our fingers. "Let's sleep here," I mumbled before closing my eyes.

-

I woke up, and slowly slid out from under Chloe. I put a pillow under her head as she gently stirred in her sleep, but I managed to silently slip away to get ready.

I put on my my favorite grey tuxedo, and slicked back my hair into a perfect man bun. As I step out of my room I smell a sweet smell coming from the kitchen.

When I walk into the kitchen I see Chloe standing by the oven. I sneak up behind her, and slid my arms around her waist. "You didn't have to make me anything," I whisper.

"I wanted to," she said as an artificial yawn escaped her mouth.

"You're so cute," I mumble as I place my chin on her shoulder. A small chuckle escaped her lips as she put her hands on top of mine.

-

After I eat breakfast I hop into a self-driving car, and head to Stratford Tower.

-

The car pulls up, and I step out onto the rough sidewalk. My thoughts are everywhere, and my hand feels empty without hers in it.

I'm usually prepared for interviews, but for some odd reason I'm nervous. I walk into the building and take the escalator. A few people have recognized me, and most of them were nice, but I honestly don't care what people think of me anymore.

I walk up to the check in, "Elijah Kamski."

"Room 3, on your left!" the women at the counter states.

"Thanks," I nod as I head down the hallway.

I straighten my tux as I enter, "Hello."

POV-Chloe
10am

I called Conan earlier, and told him and Gavin to watch the news. Hopefully I can rely on them to do so, I know it would mean a lot to Elijah.

After I grab myself a cup of thirium hot chocolate I sit down on the couch. My LED breifly spins yellow as the TV turns on.

-Channel 28 News-

Female Reporter: "Hello, welcome to Channel 28 News, today we have a special guest." "Please welcome, Mr. Elijah Kamski!"

Elijah Kamski: "Hello, everyone."

Female Reporter: "I suppose we shouldn't waste anymore time." The women clicks something, and the screen behind her flips on.

I gasp as I read the text on the screen.

'Elijah Kamski killed one of his own androids?'

"What!" the confusion and anger seeping out of my voice.

Female Reporter: "Elijah Kamski," the women clicks, and the screen changes again.

The screen shows a grainy picture of me lying in the alley with Elijah in front of me.

"This isn't real," I whisper over and over as I feel my LED turn crimson.

Female Reporter: "Did you kill this RT600?" she asks, turning her head to Elijah.

Elijah Kamski: He turns his head, and his eyes widen when he sees the screen. "Chloe.."

Female Reporter: "What was that?"

Elijah Kamski: "That's the day Chloe got shot, I saved her life.. I didn't kill anyone." the anger running through his voice was more than evident.

Female Reporter: "Is that so?" she raised her eyebrow.

Elijah Kamski: "Yes!" he almost screamed. "She's my girlfriend, why would I kill her?" Elijah freezes.

Girlfriend. He just told all of Detroit I was his girlfriend. We hadn't even made it official yet.

Female Reporter: "Girlfriend!" she smiled. "Elijah Kamski, dating an android.. was only a matter of time really."

Elijah Kamski: "I'm done," he snapped, "turn off the cameras."

Female Reporter: "Ok..," she widened her eyes at the camera man, "Thanks for joining us this morning, Mr. Kamski."  A moment of silence passed, "We will be back in five with the weather update!"

POV-Elijah
10:30 am

I'm beyond furious, I knew something didn't feel right. I'll remember that next time somebody asks me to do an interview. You really can't trust anyone anymore.

I head outside, and start walking down the street. I just need to be anywhere but here.

They tried to ruin my reputation, and for what purpose, for a viral headline.

On top of that I can't believe I told the whole city of Detroit that Chloe is my girlfriend. What is she going to think. Is she going to be mad and leave me, or is this a good thing?

I don't know what to do, so I pull out my phone and text Gavin.

E- I hope you just saw that.

G- Yeah.., are you uh, ok?

E- I'm fine, I'm going to call my lawyer. Have you heard from Chloe?

G- Not me, but Conan has.

E- What did she say?

G- (typing)

My phone started vibrating, "Really, right now!" I'm just plain angry when the screen turns black, but my heart stops when the caller ID pops up.

//Unknown Number//

Is it you? I open the door to a coffee shop, and go to sit in a booth. I hit accept, and slowly raise the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"