New Me

POV-Chloe
10:00 am

Elijah and I have just been sitting around and watching movies for the past two days. That guy got charged with attempted murder, and he'll be locked up for a long while. Elijah had been trying to get my sensors back to normal.

My 'nerve' sensors had been stuck at the highest setting since the incident. He fixed them, and now I'm actually able to round corners without holding my breath.

--

Elijah wraps his arms around me tighter, and I put my head down on his chest. His human heartbeat echoing through my ears and traveling throughout my body, almost makes me feel human.

A few minutes later Elijah pauses the movie, "Want breakfast?"

I simply nod in response before sitting up as I watch him walk into the kitchen.

Not fifteen minutes later he calls for me.

I walk to the small dining table in the kitchen and sit down. "Elijah, what are you doing?" I ask, watching him walk closer to me with his hands behind his back.

Elijah snickers, "I made you something special."

He moves his hands to the front of his torso. "French toast!" I exclaim.

Elijah nods, "I know you said you wanted to try it yesterday, so I figured I'd make you some."

I smile looking at the plate he sets down. "Thank you," I say as a faint blue settles onto my cheeks.

POV-Elijah
10:15 am

I watch her take a bite of the french toast, and her face lights up.

"Good?" I ask holding back a small laugh.

Chloe looks at me, "Very, thank you so much."

I halfway laugh , "I have another surprise for you, if you think you're up to it."

She nods. "Want to go get new clothes today?" I ask.

"Yes!" Chloe answers. She stands up and runs over to hug me.

"Ok, we'll go," I say while slowly letting her out of my arms.

I turn around and head to my room to get ready. I specially leave my hair down just for Chloe, although I do prefer this.. a man bun is way more convenient.

POV-Chloe
10:30 am

Elijah walks out of his room in a pair of skinny jeans and a CyberLife hoodie, but what I really notice is his hair. I walk over to him and run my fingers through it. "For me?" I ask while smiling.

He nods, "Of course."

I kiss his cheek, "You look handsome."

A fiery red flashes across his face, and he cups my face in his hands.

Elijah gets this look in his eyes, and I can tell he's thinking about something. "You ok?" I ask.

"Nothing," he responds a little to quickly.

I raise my eyebrow, and he moves his hands to my shoulders. "It's nothing," he reassures me.

POV-Elijah
10:33 am

I wanted to kiss her, but I couldn't. Not yet.

"You want to go now?" I ask, staring into her perfectly blue eyes.

Chloe nods before heading off to put on her shoes.

When she comes back I'm already waiting at the door. "Let's go," I state before taking her hand into my own.

-20 minutes later-

The self-driving car pulls up at the store and we get out.

Chloe turns to look at me as a huge smile appears on her face, "I'm excited."

I couldn't help but smile back, "Come on, I'll buy you anything you want."

We carefully cross the road, and enter into the mall. The warmness of the place covers me like a blanket. I lead Chloe into a clothing store and let her look around. She comes and finds me a few minutes later with a red dress in hand. "What do you think?" she asks.

"Hmm, it'll probably look stunning, but maybe you should try it on," I wink.

A blue spreads across her face, "Ok, come with me."

She leads me to the dressing rooms and I wait outside.

A couple minutes later she walks out. The red dress ends right above her knees, and is designed to hang down her shoulders. "I-," I try to speak, but I'm actually speechless.

"Elijah Kamski speechless?" she smiles, "Never thought I'd see the day."

"You're so.. absolutely, stunning," I manage to muster out.

Her face turns a dark blue, "I don't deserve you."

--

We ended up going into a bunch of stores, and I let Chloe buy everything she wanted. The end result was a pretty diverse wardrobe, but honestly she'll look cute in all of it.