Do Over

POV-Elijah
12 pm

We hop into a self-driving car to go home, but little does Chloe know that we won't be there for long.

"Thank you for everything," Chloe says with a bright smile.

I look over at the beautiful blonde, "No, thank you for being mine."

A light blue appears on her face, and she shyly smiles before looking away.

The car alerts us that we are five minutes away from our destination, so I decide to go ahead and tell Chloe of my plans. "How about you go inside and change into one of your outfits, and then we go try that date again," I suggest.

That same beautiful smile crosses her face, "Ok, sounds great."

POV-Chloe
12:05 pm

The car pulls up to the house, and I get out. I basically start sprinting to the front door, and I can hear Elijah's footsteps pick up behind me. "Excited much?" he teases.

I laugh and run with my bags into Elijah's bathroom. When I open them and look for an outfit, a specific one catches my eye. I hold the red and black flannel in my hands with a pair of light wash jeans.

I get dressed and fix up my hair before leaving the bathroom. When I exit Elijah looks away from the mirror he's standing at. "Breathtaking," he says walking closer to me, "absolutely breathtaking."

I feel my face turn blue once again. "Let's go," I say smiling.

POV-Elijah
12:20 pm

We arrive at the sandwich shop, and I step out of the car with Chloe's hand in mine. "Stay with me, always," I say in an almost pleading tone.

Chloe nods, "Of course, always."

I notice she has her hair parted so you can see her LED. "Are you showing it on purpose?" I ask.

She seems confused for a moment before answering, "Oh, my LED, yeah.. I'm showing people I'm not afraid to love who I love."

Instead of flinching at her words this time, I smile. "Chloe, you are truly perfect," I say, running my free hand through her hair.

She just smiles while looking down at the sidewalk.

"You're all mine Elijah Kamski, all mine," Chloe repeats while opening the door to the restaurant.

We walk up to the counter and she puts her head on my shoulder. "What are you getting?" She asks.

"Probably a club with some broccoli cheddar soup," I answer while staring up at the menu.

Her eyes widen, "Oh, that sounds good, I'll have it as well."

"Ok, let's order," I say as we walk closer to the counter.

I tap my fingers against Chloe's hand, "We'll have two number fives."

I nod towards the cashier before leading Chloe to an empty table.

We sit down and I watch her temple, the LED on it is cycling from blue to yellow. "What's wrong?" I ask noticing her obvious distress.

"You didn't order mine to be made with thirium," she says worriedly, "I won't be able to eat it."

I smile to reassure her, "This is an android friendly restaurant, they take notice if you're an android or not for your food, they try to make them feel more accepted."

Chloe smiles back to me and nods, "That's nice, but guess I was easy to figure out."

I tilt my head a bit, furrowing my eyebrows. She points to her showing LED and laughs.

"I love you," I shake my head in amusement, not even processing what I just said, but she clearly already had.

"I love you too," Chloe smiled as she fiddled with her hands.

POV-Chloe
12:45 pm

Our food had come out shortly after that moment. We chatted away as we ate, but one thought wouldn't leave my mind.

Elijah stood up, pushing in his chair as he put money on the table. He walked over to me, and held out his hand, "Here."

I knew Elijah could tell something was bothering me, from my LED or not I'm sure it showed on my face.

We walked outside and he looked at me. He knows somethings up. "Everything ok?" Elijah asks as he brushes a strand of hair out of my face.

I debate on answering truthfully or not, but lying would just hurt him later on. "Did you mean it?" I ask as I look into his blue eyes.

He looks confused for a moment, before an obvious moment of realization. "Of course I did," Elijah answers as he cups my face in his hands. Then he gives me that look, that same look he gave me that other time.

I try to look into his eyes, but he isn't looking into mine. No, he's looking at something else on my face.., so that's what he's thinking about.