Who Are You

POV-Chloe
3 pm

We arrive at the station, and Elijah helps me out of the car before holding my hand. The weather outside is chilly so I turn on the heating component. Elijah turns and smirks at me, "Thanks."

The both of us start making our way inside. Elijah in his fancy black long coat and flannel scarf, and me in sweatpants and a spare hoodie of his. I'm not complaining though, his hoodie is very soft and smells of his cologne.

As we enter I stop Elijah before we make our way to the front desk, "Wait.. why are we here, you never told me?"

"They caught him Chloe," he states before squeezing my hand for reassurance, "everything will be ok, I'm here to protect you."

His words linger in my ears, "Ok, let's do this together."

He nods and we continue towards the front desk.

Elijah begins to speak to the front desk android, "Hello, I'm Elijah Kamski, I'm here with Chloe."

The brown haired android nods and points to the gate, "Detective Reed will tell you where to go."

"Hmph," Elijah halfway laughs before making his way past the gates.

I follow him further into the precinct, and then to Detective Reed's desk.

Gavin has his feet propped up on his desk as he scrolls through files on his computer.

"Hey Gav, the android up front told us to come to you," Elijah says.

Gavin takes his feet off the desk and proceeds to stand up, "Yeah.. follow me."

The three of us start walking towards the back, but suddenly the detective stops and turns towards Elijah. "Can I, uh, talk to you for a sec 'lijah?" Gavin asks scratching the back of his neck.

POV-Elijah
3:10 pm

"Uh, yeah sure..," I look towards Chloe, "I'll be back, stay right here."

I unwillingly let go of her hand before watching her sit on a bench. Gavin leads me over into one of the empty meeting rooms. "What did you need?" I ask, looking at Gavin's worried expression.

The shorter of the two responds, "Do you think she'll be ok.. you know.. seeing him."

I nod, "She's strong, and I'll be here with her this time." A small stinging feeling flashes across my eyes, "I'll be there to protect her."

Gavin crosses his arms, "As long as you're sure.. you know I've learned to care about these walking toasters."

I laugh while turning towards the door, but a very loud sigh stops me.

"Elijah.. I-I forgive you," Gavin says, "besides.. the scar looks pretty tough."

I turn my head to look at him, "Thanks Gav, and you're right.. it looks good on you." I scoff, "Finally gave you some kind of staple other then being a total idiot to everyone."

The Detective walks up behind me before punching me in the arm, "Thanks idiot stick.. I guess."

I smirk, "I'm joking don't worry.. that brown jacket of yours is also a fashion statement."

Gavin laughs, "Oh yeah, what about that gay looking scarf you have on?"

I tilt my head, "It couldn't possibly be as gay as you and Conan."

POV-Chloe
3:15 pm

"Hey," I mumble as Elijah walks back to me.

He smiles before offering me his hand, "Hey

"Were going to have to see.. him," Elijah says, he voice lingering on the last word.

I feel thirium pump speed up and I can't speak.

Elijah gently tightens his grip ony hand, "Don't worry, I'll be there to protect you."

Gavin takes us to the holding cells before pointing out a certain cell dweller. "That him?" he asks while gesturing towards the man with his shoulder. I nod and Gavin speaks, "Sorry, I just have to get a victim or witness conformation." He points us to the observation room and we head inside.

A few minutes later Gavin enters the observation room along with Hank and Tina. We exchange some hellos before we hear another door open.

On the other side of the glass is the interrogation room. The sliding door is open, and in walks Conan with the suspect. To my surprise Connor enters in behind the two. We listen to all the questions they ask while Elijah holds my hand tightly.

Conan's low voice almost seems like a growl, "If you were just after money.. why'd you shoot?"

The man almost laughs, "I saw her LED from under the hat."

Connor speaks next, "You're saying you only shot her because she's an android, correct?"

I can feel my processors jam and I start shaking. Elijah puts his arm around me, "Hey, hey, it's ok.. I'm right here."

The man responds to Connor, "Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying plastic idiot."

Hank almost jumps out of the chair he's sitting in, but Gavin stops him.

"Bet you thought I couldn't tell you popped off your forehead lightbulb, you'll never be one of us," the man hisses out emphasizing the most hurtful words.

Something in Conan's eyes changes, "Were done here.. we got a confession.. were done." He changes his place of attention to the glass, "Gavin, please come get him."

I watch Conan gently take Connor by the arm and lead him out the door.

Hank is already halfway out the door himself before he turns to speak, "You two can go, glad we got the guy."

Elijah starts to speak, but Hank is already long gone.

Tina speaks for the first time since she entered, "I'll help Gavin lock him up.. you guys can sleep well now knowing he's where he belongs."

"Thank you," is all I muster out, I'm going to cry.