Like Old Times

POV-Elijah
2 pm

They broke me, my exes made me realize that people only love me for money. That's the difference with Chloe. The way she looks at me, the way she acts around me, the way she is perfectly her. She is everything I want, and I love her.

But what if she leaves me.

Get yourself together.. don't slip into another spell.

I have everything I want, so why do I feel this way.

What if she doesn't really love me back.

I'm scared to kiss her.

I'm scared to be alone.

I'm scared to lose the only reason I felt happy again.

I'm so terrified of losing her, she's everything to me.

POV-Chloe
2pm

Elijah gently rubbed my cheek with his thumb. He looked back into my eyes, but the ones that met mine were glassy pools of hurt.

I didn't say anything at first.. I just pulled him into a hug, and held him tightly.

"I mean it too, I hope you know that," I say as I rest my chin on his shoulder.

Elijah wrapped his arms around me, "Can we go home?"

I nod, "Don't worry, I'll love you until my battery runs out."

He's breaking. "C'mere," I say as I take his hand, and lead him into a self-driving car. When we're inside I turn and hold him tightly.

Elijah puts his face into the crook of my neck, and starts sobbing quietly. "I can't lose you," he mumbles over and over.

"I'm not going anywhere," I whisper as I kiss the side of his head.

My LED spins yellow as I call Conan on our hidden network.

-connection: pending-

-connection: established-

Chloe (RT600): Can you and Gavin come over for dinner?

Conan (RK900): Yes, of course.

Chloe (RT600): Great, thank you so much.

Conan (RK900): Everything alright?

Chloe (RT600): Elijah's slipping, I thought seeing his brother might help.

Conan (RK900): Yes, I agree. Gavin and I will be over soon.

POV-Elijah
2:07 PM

I'm spiraling again. I can feel it. Focus. Focus on the subtle beat coming from Chloe's thirium pump. She's here, she's here because she loves you. You're not as worthless as you think, so stop thinking this way.

"Make it..," I mumble quieter than before.

Chloe speaks, "What?"

I couldn't focus on my own thoughts, let alone process what she said. "S-stop!" I stutter out yelling into her shoulder. I grit my teeth together as I hold back a sob.

"What?!" Chloe asks more frantically this time.

"Make it.. make it stop," I say as clearly as I can before the uncontrollable sobbing inevitably came back.

I'm sure Chloe knew what was happening by now. "Want to go home, and watch a movie?" she asks quietly.

I simply nodded, and pulled her closer.

-

The car pulled up at the house, and I got out. Chloe held on tightly to my arm as we entered. "You go get it started, I'll join you in a few," Chloe says, before walking away.

-

A bit later the smell of food was wafting throughout the house. "Chloe, you cooking something?" I ask.

Just as I got up to go to the kitchen I heard a knock at the door. "Huh?" I thought aloud.

I walked over to the door, and to my surprise Conan and Gavin were there.

"Hello?" I said as I gestured for them to come in.

"Hello, Mr.Kamski," Conan spoke in a mechanical tone.

Gavin turned and punched him in the arm, "Drop the robotic act already jeez, it's freaking me out."

Conan nodded, and then proceeded to hold his hand out for Gavin to take. Gavin's face went blood red, and by his tone you could tell he was clearly flustered, "N-not now, Tin can."

I winked at my brother as he went and angrily sat in a chair. I heard footsteps coming from behind me. Chloe. When I turn around she's right there, I can't help but hug her.

I heard Conan's voice from behind me, "Gavin, they aren't afraid to show affection, why are you?"

I heard my brother loudly sigh before standing up, "Elijah makes fun of me, Toaster, that's why."

I take Chloe's hand into mine before turning around, "I'm actually happy you found somebody Gavin."

"Yeah, yeah.. whatever," Gavin rolls his eyes while offering his hand to Conan.

"Yeah, I invited them over for dinner tonight!" Chloe announces excitedly.

I halfway smile, "Thanks, Chlo."

A cute little laugh escapes Chloe's mouth before she speaks, "Anyways, dinner's ready!"

POV-Chloe
3pm

We all sit down at the table to eat. Gavin and Conan are next to each other, and the same with Elijah and I.

I go to the kitchen to grab the food, and bring it out to the table. "Chicken and rice, I love you, Chlo," Elijah states when I put a plate of food in front of him.

"Here's the one with thirium," I say as I slide Conan his plate.

Gavin's voice is dead serious, "Can humans eat it?"

"Eat what?" I ask slightly confused.

"Thirium," he responds.

"Oh, yeah sure, just not too much at once," I smile as I sit back down next to Elijah.

"Thanks for coming guys, it means a lot," Elijah laughs.

-

Gavin voice broke the small silence from eating, "Nines, can I try some?"

"Nines?" Elijah tilted his head towards the android.

"Yes, Gavin," Conan slide he plate so the Detective could reach, "It's a nickname Gavin calls me, Mr.Kamski."

"That's so sweet," I smile.

Conan's cheeks go a light blue while Gavin's go red. "I think it is," Conan says as he puts his hand on Gavin's knee.

The Detective coughs, "Hm, yeah.. anyways, thirium is disgusting."

Elijah smiles, "You're an idiot, Gav."

-

We had all finished our meals when Conan spoke, "Thanks for the amazing meal, Chloe." The brothers both agreed and thanked me. Gavin started to put on his brown leather jacket, and 'Nines' helped him.

"Thanks for everything, we wish the best for you guys.. invite us over again sometime," Conan smiled and took Gavin's hand.

They were walking out the door when Gavin stopped, causing Conan to stumble a little bit.

Gavin laughed and turned his head to speak, "Pretty ironic we both ended up with androids, don't you think."

Elijah leaned his head closer to mine and kissed my cheek, "Wouldn't want it any other way."