More Than Friends

POV-Elijah
1:30 pm

I throw the now blue stained rag into the trash can before grabbing a fresh white one from the counter.

I clear my throat before speaking, "Are you.. ok?" It only takes a quick moment for me to realize what I said. "No, that's a stupid question.. I should be apologizing," I say sliding back over to her on my stool.

Chloe raises her eyebrows, "Apologize?"

I put the white rag on her stomach, and begin wiping away the rest that remains of the blue blood.

"I should've been there," I say, anger practically dripping from my voice.

She shakes her head, "It wasn't your fault, you didn't know."

"Elijah..," Chloe begins, "what you did when my optical units repaired themselves."

I swallow remembering what happened minutes ago. "Uh, yeah.. what about it?"

"Could we do it more often?" she asks.

"You mean h-holding hands?" I can feel a blush spread across my face as I accidentally stutter.

Chloe nods and smiles, "Wow, did I somehow manage to fluster The Elijah Kamski."

"Only you," I respond.

POV-Chloe
1:32 pm

"I'm sorry about your shirt," I say while still lying down on the table.

"You honestly think I care about that stupid thing, you're all that matters to me," he says standing up and walking to the door.

"Where-," I start before being cut off.

"Stay here," he says before walking out of the room.

//3 minutes later//

Elijah walks back inside the room holding something. "Here," he says while throwing a black T-shirt at me.

"Thanks." I take the shirt off my lap and pull it over my head.

I hear him sigh it's barely audible, but it's there. "Miss the view?" I ask smirking devilishly.

"Watch out Miss. Deviant," he says as a distinct red color appears on his face.

"Ok, ok..," I smile.

Elijah walks over close to me, "Were any of your other biocompents damaged?"

I shake my head no, "Not that I'm aware of."

"Did you run a scan?" he asks.

"Elijah..," I give him a look.

Elijah shakes his head, "Sorry, just making sure."

I nod before starting to get off the table.

"Here," Elijah says offering me his hand.

I take his hands and slide the rest of the way off. When my feet hit the floor I stumble forward. Elijah catches me with his arm, but not hitting my new thirium pump. "Don't worry," Elijah says before I get the chance to apologize.

"Can you help me get to the family room just in case?" I ask.

He nods before picking me up bridal style. "I can walk now Elijah," I raise my eyebrow.

"I know, but you shouldn't have to," Elijah says while winking at me.

POV-Elijah
2:30 pm

I walk into the living room, and I start making my way over towards the couch.

"Here you are," I say while lying Chloe down in the soft material. I turn to walk away, but something, or rather someone, is holding me back. When I look down I see the culprit I'm not in the least bit surprised. "Chloe..," I start.

"Please don't go," Chloe pleads with glassy eyes.

I don't even answer because I start to make my way to the other side of the couch. The couch shifts when I sit, but not from me.. from Chloe. She makes her way closer to me before laying her head in my lap. I happily exhale before starting to play with her hair.

"You're a mess Chlo," I say.

She laughs, "That's why you love me."

I'm a bit taken back by her word choice, but I don't speak.. I can't, because she's not wrong.

When I don't respond she lowers her eyes. "Sorry, I didn't realize you didn't want me to say that yet," Chloe says.

I sigh, "No, don't be sorry.. I was just a little taken back is all."

The confused expression on her face asks the question before it has the chance to reach her lips.

"It's hard for me to verbally express my feelings because last time I did, let's just say I didn't get anything in return," I explain.

Chloe shakes her head, "That's okay, but I do want you to know that I do have that feeling for you."

My cheeks heat up, "I-I do-"

The moment is interrupted by a phone ringing. Shoot.

The phone ringing is on the other side of the room, and Elijah rushes over to answer. I can only make out one word he says, "DPD?"

Minutes later he comes back, and he sits down right beside me. He interlaces our fingers and turns to look at me, "They need us down at the station."

~Should I keep posting this story?~