Public Opinion

POV-Elijah
10:45 am

Chloe's voice came from the phone, "Hi."

"Chlo..," my voice trails off as I prepare for the worst.

"Elijah..," her voice was as soft as a blanket, "I love you."

"I need you right now," I sigh as I stand up from the booth.

A moment passed, "Come home then."

"Yeah.. home," I walk back outside to a self-driving car. "I'm coming, pack your bags.. I need to get away for a while."

"See you soon," I can practically feel her smile through the phone.

"I love you," I say quickly before hanging up.

-

I dial another number onto the keypad, and raise the phone to my ear.

"Hello, yes.. I need the hotel prepared."

POV-Chloe
11am

I was packing a little suitcase of stuff when I heard the doorbell ring.

"Elijah!" I squeal while running into his arms.

He melted into the hug instantly, "You're the only reason I'm still breathing right now."

I cuddled closer to his chest, "I love you."

"I love you," he said as he kissed the top of my head, "let's go pack."

We headed off to his room as we held hands. "Where are we going to go?" I questioned, remembering that he hadn't told me earlier.

"My hotel," Elijah laughed.

"The one you own on the edge of Detroit?" I ask.

He nods as we enter his room, "Yeah."

-

We finished packing, and went into the living room. Elijah spun me around, and I clumsily fell into his arms. He looked down at me and smiled, "You're my world."

A smile works it's way onto my face, "And you're mine."

My LED spins yellow as I turn the speakers on. A song called 'Take' by Echos starts to play.

If I saw you I would suffocate

"May I have this dance," Elijah smiles as he cheekily offers me his hand.

My words would just evaporate

I chuckle, "Hm, maybe."

And I would run into a dark room

"C'mere you," he smiles, pulling me close.

So very far away from you

I lie my head on his shoulder, and we start swaying back and forth to the beat of the song.
I barely notice at first, but there's someone humming.. and it's not me. "You know this song!" I tease as I pull my head back to look at him.

I know that I would feel defeated

His eyes widen as he looks at me. "Hm, maybe," Elijah smiles as his mocks my previous reply.