Who I Want To Be

POV- Chloe
2 am

Elijah put his arm on top of mine before falling asleep, but when he did my vision..my vision turned red.

There's a red wall. What..?

I look at the wall. It has a programmed command.

//Command//
//"Don't go falling in love with me."//
//Command Created By- Elijah K.//

But why? Why not. Why can't I fall in love with you.

I place both hands on the wall and push, and I keep pushing harder until the red shatters all around me.

-1 hour later-

I've collected enough information to confirm his disorder, so I let my processor begin doing its job. I start to go into low power, but an error pops up in my vision.

//Command Invalid//

Oh that's right. I'm a deviant.

I close my eyes and drift off to sleep for the first time ever.

POV- Elijah

11:14 am

I wake up on the opposite side I fell asleep on. I'm holding Chloe. She's asleep? I programmed deviants LED's to turn a darker blue when they actually fall asleep, but that would mean. When did she. It would've had to been recently, but why would she just go deviant all of a sudden.

I can feel her starting to wake up so I take my arm off of her. "Chloe.." I say as she turns to face me, "are you..?"

"Don't go falling in love with me," she says mockingly.

She laughs and a light shade of blue covers her face. "You don't even remember do you?" she teases.

I look at her with immense confusion. "Do I remember.. uh what?" I ask.

"The morning you got overly drunk you registered that command," she says in a matter-of-fact tone.

"So wait.. that means.. if I'm hearing you correctly.. did you break the wall to fall in lo-?" I ask stopping myself before I finish.

Her face goes a darker shade of blue, "So what if I did."

"Then we have some things to talk about," I say sitting up in the bed.

POV- Chloe
11:20 am

Wow.

So thats sleep.. I don't mind it. No, not at all.

I rub my eyes before stretching my arms towards the ceiling yawning.

Elijah already left the room, but I need to get up and make breakfast. Oh, and maybe talk to him about the results.. and uh well other things.

I walk into the kitchen only to find Elijah standing at the stove. "What are you-?" I ask.

"Making breakfast for my favorite deviant," he states, I can practically feel the smirk in his voice.

I feel my face heat up. "You said that on purpose," I whine.

"You're not wrong," he says turning around smirking, I knew it. "It's true though," he says sitting down a plate of pancakes in front of me.

"Elijah- I can't eat..?" I say raising an eyebrow forgetting about his past statement.

He looks at me surprised, "Deviants can as long as there is thirium in it.. didn't you know?"

I shake my head. "Eat up," he says patting the top of my head.

I take a bite of the pancakes, "This is incredible Elijah!" I exclaim standing up out of my chair. I turn to face him before hugging him tightly. He's clearly taken back by this but soon returns the gesture by wrapping his arms tightly around my torso.

Once we finish hugging I step back and look at him. "You said this morning that there are some things we need to talk about," I say looking him in the eye.

He rubs the back of his neck laughing nervously, "I did say that didn't I."

I nod stepping closer to him. He looks down and exhales loudly before looking me directly in the eyes. "Chloe, since you're a deviant now.. and based off what happened this morning... would you like to... go on a date with me?" he asks blushing profusely.

I wait a moment to answer, "...I could never figure out why I stayed a machine so long but now I know... I needed a reason to stay with you, but now I guess I have a new one."

I put my arms around his neck and stare up at him, "This is sweet and all, but would you like to know your test results."

He laughs putting his forehead against mine, "Well of course."

I can feel the sadness appear on my face, "Elijah, you're bipolar."

"I know, but I couldn't pass a sleep study," he says winking.

I pull away and punch his arm, "I- you- Elijah!"

"It finally made you break the wall didn't it, I don't regret anything," he says giving me a sly smile.

I roll my eyes, "So... when's this date?"

"Whenever you want, beautiful," he says taking his hair down.

I blush like mad, "I- Elijah could I buy some different clothes?"

He shakes his head, "Yes, I'm sorry I should've asked it completely slipped my mind."

"No, it's fine really.. don't stress it," I say.

"Well would you like to borrow one of my shirts to wear around till we can get to a store?" He asks blushing like a madman.

I hesitate reaching up and running my hand through his hair, "Only if it's ok with you."

"Oh yeah of course," he says heading towards his bedroom.

I finish up my waffles while I wait for him to come back.

He comes out a few minutes later holding a large CyberLife shirt and some sweatpants. "You want this?" he asks holding the shirt and pants towards me.

"Yeah.. thanks," I say taking the clothes and heading off towards his bathroom.

Once the door closed behind me I look at myself in the mirror. The same blue dress I've worn for years now disgusts me. I quickly take it off before sliding Elijah's shirt over my head.

The grayish-black shirt has a white Cyberlife logo on it. It is on the bigger side, but I don't mind. I slip on the sweatpants before tightening them with the string.

I look at myself in the mirror again.. almost perfect. I reach my hands towards the back of my head. I take out my ponytail and my hair falls down on my shoulders. A tear runs down my cheek.. I'm who I want to be.

~Should I keep posting this story?~