53. spent money & more gifts

How'd it get so complicated?
Can't even have no conversation

                        - Jack & Jack, 2 Cigarettes.

"Hey, look at this T-shirt, I just got it. How does it look on me? Cool, right?" Tanner asked when he came into the kitchen, a smile on his face.

"I think you're due for a haircut," I replied, spooning some cereal into his mouth.

"Haha," he said dryly before pouring some milk into a bowl.

"That reminds me, mom and dad told me they sent some money to you to give me for my birthday."

Tanner choked back on the cereal he was now eating, "Eat up, you'll be late for school."

I raised an eyebrow at him, "It's Saturday today. I strongly believe that there's no school on Saturdays."

"Wow. Is it?" He looked at his phone, before chuckling awkwardly.

I narrowed my eyes at the T-shirt he had on. "Tanner?"

He hummed in response, turning his back to me.

"You spent my money, didn't you?"

"It's bedtime," he answered.

"No, it's 10am, Tanner. I'm telling mom and dad."

"Come on, you can't do that! That'll make me seem irresponsible."

"Well, that wasn't very responsible of you. What else did you buy?" I asked, and he scratched the back of his head, "I may or may not have ordered the latest Nike shoes."

My eyes went wide, "Shoes?! And you still have the guts to tell me that! Seriously, Tanner, why would you do that?"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, alright? I swear I'll make it up to you."

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry," he said softly. "I love you. I'll give you some money."

"Some money? You didn't spend some of my money, you spent all of it."

He groaned and threw is head back, eyes shut as he said, "I'll let you use my car to learn to drive."

"Wait. You're kidding," I said in surprised.

"But—" He said in a loud tone, "I'll have to be the one to teach you and that'll be when I take a leave from work."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, Tanner!" I ran to hug him, kissing all over his face.

"You're just lucky I love you. Now leave me and let me finish up my cereal before it gets all soggy," he chuckled.

"What are you doing today?" I asked him as I made my way back to where I sat.

"Well, I'll head to the office for a few hours, and then, I'll stop by at Kendall's."

"You're still dating her?"

"Uh, what did you think?"

"I just thought, that now that you and Zee, you know..." My voice trailed off.

Tanner chuckled, "Kenz has a date tonight."

"With who? You?"

"No, with Tom Holland," he replied and I scowled while he burst into laughter. "Being sarcastic to you is so fun. "But nah, this guy she works with."

"Oh," I nodded. "So, uh, that's it? You're getting married to Kendall? She'll be my sister-in-law?"

"Stop," Tanner laughed. "I don't have to end up with Kendall," he ruffled my hair. "Are you seeing River today?"