Chapter 5: A Fraction of Organized Chaos

(This is him in his human form and in his aesthetic outfit.)

I abruptly wake up to a slimy surface rubbing a thick liquid onto my face constantly. My eyes squeeze shut before I sit up and rub my face with my sleeves. Estelle had been licking my face. "Ugh! Dog breath!" I complain, only half awake. Estelle was sitting at the foot of the bed wagging her tail with Luna happily sat on Estelle's head. My eyes light and I look at the clock with the Fiji Water bottle next to it. 5:50 AM. It's the first day of classes!

I threw my sheets to the side and bent down and gave Estelle hugs, ear rubs, and I kissed the bright glowing star on her forehead. She yipped happily. I rubbed Luna's fuzzy little moth head with my fingertip and opened my dresser. Let's see... What should I wear? I pick up a pair of ripped mom jeans and a black belt but pause. Should I wear something nicer? ...Heck yeah. I set them on top of the dresser and I grab a violet and turquoise Owl City tee and set it out. I grabbed my black leather jacket and a silver fanny pack. I take the other clothes and piled them atop the clothes in my arms and take it to the bathroom. I set them onto the counter and get dressed into them, setting my pajamas aside. I tucked the Owl City shirt into the mom jeans and slide the belt through the hoops and closed the belt. I clipped the fanny pack sideways around my waist and I threw the black jacket around my shoulders. I smirked at my reflection. Lookin' fresh. Makeup time. I pulled my hair up into two messy buns but left my side bangs swept. I put on flaming turquoise and violet eyeshadow along with mascara, foundation, and bright red dry-on lipstick. I then proceeded to the finishing touch; my pair of thin-rimmed black round glasses. I looked at myself with an excited glint in my eye. First day.

Bella came in wearing a baby blue hoodie crop top and mom jeans. I like simple girls that like to wear simple stuff. The girls that wear simple stuff and the girls with popping bright style are usually the good friends. Not saying others can't, but the ones with those two styles are usually the friends I want. They're fun but you just don't know it. She applied some mascara, lip gloss, and put on a gold crown ring. I slide on the silver one. I left behind her and followed her to the kitchen. She had fixed a coffee. I went over to the machine and it poured me coffee. I levitated the bottle of vanilla creamer from the fridge.

"I would've fixed you some, but I didn't know if you liked coffee. Good to see I'll be able to make friends with you since you do." She smiles. "People who don't like coffee don't know what life tastes like." I reply not looking up from the self-stirring spoon. She chuckles. "I know, right?" She says looking at the thermostat on the other wall. I set the spoon in the sink and it bounces of and sprays onto me, but before it can, I freeze the trail of water with my ice powers. I turn the water off and the smallest bit of puffy snow falls onto the floor. I hard freeze it and pick it all up with two fingers and set it into the sink. "Cool powers." She says. "Oh? Thanks." I say. "What are yours exactly?" I ask sipping my coffee. "Mine are sleep themed, which is ironic because I'm a night owl." She says. "Hah me too." I reply. "I love the moon a lot. In fact it's my other power." I reply watching the steam come off my coffee. "Lunar powers? I've never heard of those. Tell you what, let's meet at The Clif and you can show me your powers. I think there's a waning gibbous tonight so I guess it's enough moon." She replies. "Too bad it isn't full, but sure." I reply. "Want something to eat?" I ask her. "Sure. Get me whatever." She says. I smirk. I levitate four bread slices onto two napkins. I wash my hands and levitate the stick of butter onto the counter top. I go over and sculpt and ice knife from my hands. I use it to fine slice the butter and set it onto the pieces.

"Woah, how do you do that?" She asks. "Hm?" I hummed. "You're keeping the blade from melting. "Oh, it's maintaining the ice's temperature. If you felt it, your hand would pass through a field of much colder temperatures before you felt the knife." I reply. "How?" She asks. "I'm able to manipulate the air molecules around the blade's average kinetic energy to make it slower. Because kinetic energy is the main factor of how much heat there is, my abilities are actually technically being able to create water and manipulate the water particles' kinetic energy along with the air molecules' kinetic energy that flies around it, resulting in either ice or snow. But that's too long of an ability name so we simply just call it ice or snow powers." "Wow. I thought you just grew ice this whole time." She stated looking at the floor dumbfounded. I got out a cinnamon sugar mix and sprinkled a layer onto the four slices of bread. I levitated them all over to the toaster where I opened the door and put them inside. I closed the door and pressed a button and they began toasting.