Chapter 8: New Friends?

We've been in the first two weeks or so, and so far, classes have been pretty interesting.

I was currently sitting in my first period next to Bright, sitting my MacBook onto my desk. I was about to open it, when our teacher got our attention. "Today, we have a late comer that will be joining us today. Enter, please." She says, turning to the door. The door opens, and the guy shuffles in with his backpack and thermos.

He was a human-wolf hybrid like me and Bella. His hair was the same color as Bella's too, but he had messy curls. He had feathery-light brown eyes with flecks of gold in them. He had on a plain white hoodie, jeans, and white converse high tops. His ears and tail were a pale yellow.

"Please introduce yourself." The teacher says. The guy glances at the floor, obviously nervous. "I-I'm Evan-... a-and-..." When he started talking- er, stuttering, I looked over at Bella who was practicing her calligraphy. She then glanced up for a second and looked back down, but then she looked up wide eyed. "T-That's ab-... -bout it..." He stammers out. Awwww! The guy was adorable, and I felt kind of bad for him since he was so suddenly shoved into the spotlight like that. I stared at Bella, a hint of confusion, but once she looked up, she wasn't blinking. Evan sat down nervously behind Bella as her eyes were fixed on him. When he got behind her, she broke her gaze and stared shocked at the board in front of her. I flicked a small torn piece of paper that was crumpled and it tapped her cheek. "Bella!" I said tapping her. She jumped. "Huh?!" She yelps. I hold back before I lost it. "What were you doing??" I said, a laugh evident in my tone. "N-Nothing..." She replies, staring down at her pad and continuing to write. I rolled my eyes playfully before turning to the board.

After a couple of periods, we had a snack time.

"What was that back in first by the way?" I asked her. She inhales her water and chokes on it. I bust out laughing. "T-That wasn't funny." She breathes heavily. "I almost drowned." I laughed harder. She starts laughing too. "B-But seriously... Why did you stare at that new guy earlier..." I asked. "C-Cuz he was hot, don't you think?" She asks me her eyes widening. "No, I'm serious, did you see those eyes? They reminded me of pecans and hazelnuts in a bowl sitting by a fire..." She says, fanning her face with her hand. "That's a very specific description, but I loved it. And, yeah, his eyes were pretty." I added, taking a sip of my Fiji Water. "His curls didn't help, either." She sighed. "Aww..." I gushed. "What?" She asks. "Someone has her eye caught..." I say nudging her. "I'm just complimenting his features..." She says blushing. "Uh-huh." I reply unsatisfied.

Once the day was over, the two of us went to our dorms together and changed into hoodies and such. We both sat on the couch and watched a couple of episodes of My Hero Academia together before deciding to ask Zach what he was doing. He invited us to his dorm, so we agreed and went over to his dorm. We opened it and we found him sitting on a study palette in the living room floor. "Yo! Zacho!" I say, going to his pallet. "Hey Lils. 'Sup Bella." He says calmly. He was wearing a solid blue hoodie and had a white blanket on him. His wings were cradled like he was holding something. "Zach? Why are you cradling your arms like that? It's kinda weird..." I ask. "Oh, I forgot you've never met him." He says. "...What?" Me and Bella ask simultaneously. "I know you're crazy, but..." I say. He brings his wings up on top of his head. When he parted them, what I saw was something I was totally not ready for.

On top of his head, was an abnormally small, blonde and blue tarantula. Yeah. A tarantula. It was blonde and its legs had a gradient blue on the end of them that faded into blonde. It was also a gradient spot on its abdomen. It was fuzzy and had eight beady eyes staring blankly. And then, as if that wasn't surprising enough, what it did next was even more shocking.

It winked.

The tarantula literally closed four of its eyes, which doesn't make sense since spiders don't have eyelids. "Meet Spider." Me and Bella stared at it. "Did-... Did that spider just-..." Bella says finally. "B-But-... spiders don't have eyelids..." I said staring. "Well Spider does." Zach says blankly. "How does it- wait you named him Spider??" I say with unamused half-lidded eyes. "Yeah, Spider Carl." He says. "Spider-... Carl???" Bella asks even more confused. "Yeah. Carl is his last name, so just call him Spider." He says like it's the most normal thing in the world. "Wait, why are you so shocked? You're uncle is literally a floating mannequin head." He says. "You know, I'm not sure of that part either." I reply. Suddenly, the spider barked. Me and Bella fall back. "D-Did he just-... bark?!!" I ask. "Yeah, he's a dog. Why are you so surprised?" He asks us. We stare at him like he just told us his favorite color was mac and cheese. "That's not a dog Zach-" I say. "Yeah it is. Spider, do a trick." He says. The spider winks again. "Zach- That's not- Zach-" I say glancing between him and the spider. "Well, he said 'woof', so yeah, he's a dog." He says shrugging.

The three of us watched more My Hero Academia together, and then soon we left since curfews exist.

The two of us walked back towards our dorm, but then me and Bella bumped into someone I was not prepared to interact with. Adam.

"Yo! Adam!" Bella greets throwing up a peace sign with her phone in her other hand. I froze when I saw him. Adam looks up from his phone, and his eyes land on me, causing my heart to lodge itself into my throat. I felt my cheeks heat as I glued my eyes to the line between the wall and the floor. "H-Hi... You're... B-Bella...?" He asks. "Yup!" She says. "A-And-... you're Lily, yeah?" I hear him say. My eyes widen. My name sounded so beautiful and calming when he said it in his beautiful, calm, soothing voice. "Ah- Oh-! Y-Yeah!" I say before chuckling nervously and rubbing the back of my neck. "Nice... See you two soon..." He says, walking past me. His arm brushed mine when he walked past me, and I felt a bolt of electricity zap my heart. Geez, why did this have to happen to me?! We continue walking silently towards the dorm with my face ablaze as I stared nervously at the floor in front of us. Bella was smirking at me the whole walk back.

A/N: Sorry for the smack ton of fillers, I just had to start establishing the basics before we started. In the next couple of chapters, I plan to actually begin the plot. Don't hate me lol!

~ Lily