Chapter 16: The Waiting Game

I froze in my place, feeling my heart get lodged in my throat. It was Bella with probably the others. I shot off of him as if I were a cat that saw a cucumber. Both of us were blushing messes.  

"I-I-... I-I promise it w-wasn't what it looked like-!!!" I stammered, covering my face with my hands.

Finally after some very awkward explaining, Adam, Bella, Zach and I were all walking together trying to find Bright and Evan.

Adam and I walked side by side, a blush lingering on our faces with an awkward silence over both of us. I kept my eyes on the ground ahead of me between me and Zach. Zach and Bella walked beside each other discussing how we would find Bright and Evan. Adam and I continued to not make eye contact. I found myself glancing at him more often as the minutes passed though. Finally I looked at him but he looked at me too and our eyes clicked. We both slowed to a stop. "...h-hey..." I stammered. "I-I'm sorry for... uh..." "It wasn't you, really..." he cuts me off. I look up at him with widened eyes. "...wh-wha-?" "It wasn't you..." I frowned. "Well I shouldn't have gotten on top of you like that honestly..." I stammer, blushing at the memory. "I-I should've been in a less awkward pose too..." "w-wha- that's not even a valid blame! I pushed you against the tree and invaded your space in attempts to make you feel better and-" he cuts me off by mumbling something. "It... wasn't a b-...ad thing, per say..." my eyes widened and my blush deepened. "...w-wha-?!!" His eyes widen and his face turns red as he slaps a hand over his mouth. Something tells me that I shouldn't have been able to have heard that... "W-Well I'm-... glad you... enjoyed that..........." I trailed awkwardly.

We sat in an awkward silence before I heard Bella and I swear I didn't care who, whether it was me or her but I wanted someone to die when she saw us.

"Come on guys, we don't have time to make out or confess our feelings, we have a magical existential crisis on our hands at the moment."

Oh.

Dear.

God.

"Bella..."

"...Lily?"

"You have three... fricking seconds... to run... before I encrust everything you own in ice..."

"..."

Bella turns on her heel and sprints in the other direction.

I catch her and glare at her. "Agh, okay fiiiineee I'm sorry..." she sighs. "That's what I thought Lover Girl." I reply. "That's ironic. You were the one blushing around your c-" "Haha nOoOoo beLLA!!!" I screech distortedly, slapping a hand over her mouth. "Ouch..." I heard her mumble as I walked away. "hEE hEE!!1!!!!1!!2!" I screamed. "See, Lily's the reason we're all gonna get killed." Out of literally no where, I chucked an unopened bottle of Fiji Water at Bella. She wheezes and falls onto the ground as the bottle bounced off of her. Zach truly screams. He's not usually one to actually scream in terror so this was new. He wheezed out loud when she fell over onto the ground. "OW!!" She quacked. "dOnOt iNsULtUuuuUuu!!!" I screamed in an intense anime narrator voice. Zach seemed to wheeze only louder. Adam was just kinda terrified and confused but also laughed. We continued hiking when we just decided to stop in a very dark area in the trees.

I sat down onto the leaf covered ground, exhausted. "So, what exactly are we doing?" Adam asks us. I looked at him. "I have no memory of this place." His eyes widen. "Wait... so does that mean we're just gonna sit here now?" He asks, understanding the reference and remembering what the Fellowship had to do after. "Yup." I said. "We can't really do anything until we find Bright and Evan. For now, it's too late at night to keep going so we gotta stop and get some rest of some kind." I reply. No one objects so we all decide to lay down and sleep. Everyone becomes covered in leaves so nothing sees us in plain view, and we all try our best to get a fair sleep, but no one slept well that night, that's for sure.

It's short rip i'm trying but i can't come up with anything