Chapter 20: But Where?

"Wheee let's go! C'mon c'mon!!"

I ran and ran along the interstellar hills and valleys of the 3rd Dimension. "Hey c'mon keep up!!" "Ah!! I'm trying Tulip!!" I turned and glared at the light brunette. "It's Lily!!" "Ugh whatever chrysanthemum." I rolled my eyes. I crouched down to where a bush was, but abruptly turned to him and shushed him.

"Listen to me very carefully." I whispered. He looked into my eyes with a bit of worry, confusion, and excitement. "You might scare it away, so talk lowly, move slowly, and stay completely calm. I'm pretty sure it can sense fear." His eyes widened at the last statement. I slowly shifted my weight to balance correctly and reached a hand over to the bushes. "Remind me why you needed me.......?" He trails in shock. On the ground laid a tiny little animal. It was purple with a secondary color of white. It looked up at us in fear and both of us gasped. It was a wolf. It's sclera mirrored a vibrant galaxy pattern and it's nose was glowing a bright black light purple. A white glowing five-point star was in it's forehead and I saw small wings sprout from it's back. White glowing angel wings. Glowing five-point stars littered it's back. It was so beautiful.

"Woooooow....." Both of us gawked in unison at the wolf's beauty. We glanced at each other and giggled. I approached it slowly with a hand outstretched and I could hear it whimper. I decided from it's looks that it was a she.

"Heyyy heyyy it's okayyy..." I said to her. She whimpered and whined terrified but couldn't seem to move. I crouched so I wouldn't seem so big and finally got on my knees. She wearily sniffed my hand before licking the tip of my ring finger. I grinned. "Are you okay?" I ask her. She whines and one of her wings spread. I saw a crack in the light of her other wing. "Oh no! Is it broken?" I ask her. She whimpers. "Don't worry. I bet my uncle and my sister can help you. Oh and even my friend here!" I say optimistically. "First we need to get you there though." I reach a hand and gently touch her back. She begins to float and I carefully wrap my arms around her to carry her with me. "Let's go shall we?" I say. "C'mon! Let's help her out!" "O-Okay-..." He says unsure. The three of us walk all the way back. I finally shook my head. That was the first time I got Estelle! But I don't exactly remember the other boy being there that day... in fact, I don't even remember that- wait... he looked incredibly familiar...

I was surrounded by darkness but when I looked around for Headmistress Sugarheart, I found no one except for a small playroom with building blocks and drawing supplies. I heard the door open and in walked in a man with holograms around him. "Daddo!" I exclaimed happily waddling over to him. He grinned and picked me up. "Hey kiddo!" He says embracing me warmly. "I gotta go to Lowe's and grab a few things, wanna come?" "Yeahhh!!!" I say happily. "Let's go!" He says carrying me out. This was my very vivid memory of my dad. He seemed like such a great kind man.

I felt gentle tugging and pulling at my hair, twisting and turning from what I could tell was maybe three strands. A braid in the making. I felt tugging at the bottom and then the hair was let go. "Thanks momma!" I say turning around. A woman with light brown scrunched waves and highlights smiled brightly. "You're welcome beauty!" She beams. I embrace her happily.

What's happening though? Why am I being shown things I've seen before?

Because these things are highly important.

Wha- huh? Headmistress Sugarheart? Is that you?

Yes Lily. Over here!

I turned and looked around in the darkness but finally saw her walking gracefully towards me on the tips of her toes. "These memories I'm reminding you of are in such good quality it's almost like it's happening again. I wanted you to see your mother and father. Did it help you remember their faces?" "Yes actually." I say, pondering on remembering their joyful and loving expressions. "I suppose you should meet the others." She says. 

She snaps and everything goes black.

I opened my eyes crying, bruised, and scared. I saw the boy again from the first memory, but with cuts and dirt on his face. He was dangling off the side of a cliff and there was a wind that was almost unbearable pulling him down. I said the name that came to mind when I saw him, but it was blurred out and I couldn't hear what I said. "∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" I screamed in pain. His hand went limp and he fell off. I howled in fear and pain. Suddenly a familiar voice rang. "LILY!!!" It was my... dad? He picked me up from behind and ran with me in his arms. "MAY!!! COME ON!!!" He shouted. My mom ran out of the house with my... 6 year-old sister I think? The four of us ran far far away and into a portal my mom had summoned. We dove in and everything went black.

I stood in shock, not exactly knowing what had just happened and still wondering what occurred after. And then, one slipped out of my eye. Then another. Then more. And then lots of them. Tears. I was wailing in confusion and fear. What the heck happened?

"Wh-what-... what h-happened? What was that thing that got my friend and-..." I cried and cried, falling on my side and curling into a ball. I felt Headmistress Sugarheart's presence loom above me. And then a fuzzy hand was pressed on my back. "I-I'm so sorry Lily... I didn't realize how much you didn't know..." She said in an intense sadness. "T-That-... It was so... awful... I-... where are they?" I asked. She seemed sadder. "I don't know... my recall abilities couldn't access the memory of getting through the portal. It's almost as though there was a gap of time that was deleted and then it skips to the memory of you getting Estelle." She says. "Do you think-..." I start my eyes widening and more tears dripping. "I-... wouldn't see why really... there's no explanation since there's no memory. They might've but they might not have." She says pondering. She pulls me into a hug and I continue to sob.

"I d-didn't realize it but-... I miss them... I miss them so much and-..." "I know..." She says.

"I know."