Chapter 17: Newfound Mission

The gang had finally woken up. Lily checks her phone to find that they had all slept a full 12 hours. Weird. It's still dark out.

She turns off her phone and stands to stretch. Ouch. Her back was aching from sleeping on the cold hard ground. She sensed the air had suddenly gotten slightly colder. Wait. No that's not the air. It was her. "Ugh." She sighs, taking the cold hot hands from the side of her ankle and activating a new one. She places it back on her ankle in her boot and puts the cold one in her bag. "Uh, Lily?" Her eyes widen and she looks over to see Bright and Bella sitting up. "O-Oh, hi girls." She says nervously. "Why did you put a hot hands in your boot?" Bella asks raising a brow. "Uh- oh..." she pauses. "Oh... I thought you didn't see it..." Lily sighed. They seemed more curious.

"Okay..." she starts. "So... uh... I have ice powers right? Yeah you know that. So, for some real frickin' weird reason, I was born a cold blooded mammal. Go figure. I can't maintain the same body heat, so like a reptile, I have to be careful about using my ice powers. The galaxy powers also contribute to being cold blooded since space is a cold and vacant place. All space magic contributes to possibly being cold blooded, and since I happened to have space and ice, I was born completely cold blooded. Star magic is weird though since it's kinda rare to be cold blooded if you have star magic but that's a debate for another time. Anyways, I always need help maintaining a constant body heat, which includes gathering heat from a source of some kind. So in order to do so, I have to be touching a surface or an object or even a being that gives off an exothermic reaction. To help me keep the gathered heat it or they give off, within my being is temperature absorption and rationing. My skin and muscles are insulated to absorb and trap heat or cold in me. They also can send out the absorbed heat to stretch out throughout my whole body so my entire being is warm." "That's actually really cool though." Bright says. "I wish I was like that." But, it's also possible to be cold." Lily adds. "Uh oh." Bella says raising a brow. 

"So, because I deal with both of my powers being heat absent related, and especially my ice powers based around as much heat being absent as possible, I deal with the problem of not being able to maintain the average 37.5 degrees celsius most mammals are able to. While my skin and muscles can absorb, insulate, and even out the flow of heat within my body, it can do the same with a lack of heat, making it slightly more dangerous for me with having this ability." Bella's eyes widen in concern. "I-I didn't even realize that..." she says lowly. "Yeah." Lily says giving one of those "Unfortunate, I know." grins. "So, you have the hot hands touching the bare skin of your ankle because it gives off an exothermic reaction, therefore your body absorbs it, sends it out to the rest of your body so everything is warm, and insulates it to keep you warm for a long period of time?" Bright recites. "Yep." Lily says. "That kind of sucks I bet, but it's also kind of cool too. You've figured out a way to adapt to this dilemma and solve it in a way." Bella says. "My uncle and my sister helped me solve the case." Lily says smiling at the ground reminiscing at her intelligent family. "I miss them both." She says sadly smiling. "Isn't your sister here though?" Bella asks. Lily's eyes widen. And suddenly they see tears prick at the corners of her eyes. Bella and Bright's eyes widen. Oh crap. "Y-Yeah she is..." Lily croaks. A tear rolls down her cheek. "Lily...?" Bright asks timidly, scared for her best friend. Lily's head shoots up and she stares into Bright and Bella's eyes in alarm and worry.

"We need to find my sister. That's what. Everyone, get up. We gotta go."

A/N: Yes there was a point of view swap. Thanks for noticing lol. Same POV next chapter. Oki thanks lezz go

~LCD <3