Chapter 7: Awkward Encounters

Skipping happily out of Midnight's, I carried my bags of clothes along with my can of Bepis. Bella, Bright, and Zach walked by my sides carrying their own bags of clothes and such. We hit a coffee place called Aesthetican Girl Coffee Co. which Bella claims her sister owns. It was surprisingly quality coffee. Not that I expected it to be bad necessarily, but I honestly didn't know what to expect. It was 10:30 at night, so we decided to head back to the dorm castle. Changing into a galaxy hoodie, I threw myself onto the couch and covered myself with the venetian blue blanket, opened my MacBook lid, and got onto Hulu and watched a couple My Hero Academia episodes. Bella walked in with a coffee and stopped when she saw me. "Whatcha doin'?" She asks. "Well Isabella, I'm watching BNHA." I replied. "Huh? Oh you mean that weird anime?" She asks. "It's not THAT weird honestly. I'm a good judge since I'm not really an anime person myself. Seriously, you'd like it." I say. "Sure." She says. "Come here, we can watch it together." I say, closing the episode tab and switching to season one. "Okay fine." She says shrugging. She sits down with me and I press the play button.

"Nooo come on that's literally not even fair!!" She whines, watching Izuku's dreams get crushed as All Might tells him he can't be a hero without a quirk. "You had ONE job!!!" She screeches into the palms of her hands covering her face. "There's another flipping way that's not—" she cries into her hands. "It's okay it gets better obviously." I reassure. Through watching the show, seeing her reactions was kind of fun, and it was great knowing that I just got my friend into something I love as well. It was midnight and we had forgotten about the concept of a decent bed time. I had only meant to watch an episode or two but we ended up watching about four of them. I finally closed the lid and we both told each other goodnight. Plugging in my MacBook and getting under my soft cool covers, I felt fairly tired since today was actually quite eventful.

The following morning greeted me quickly since I had slept fairly well despite the fact I went to bed late. I left with Bella and I had decided to wear the new outfit I had gotten yesterday. She ended up dressing me in short overalls with black leggings and my favorite high top Vans. I also had put on my rose gold round-ish glasses and a black backpack. We both went along to the lobby and met up with Zach and Bright. We all went to Study Hall together and went to the same place as yesterday. I helped navigate Zach and the girls since I've always been naturally talented with navigation. My uncle says I got it from my dad since my mom was honestly not too hot with navigating. Goofing off and talking together was always something all four of us were good at. 

Zach was especially just funny in general.

After the classes were over, we all walked back to our dorms to find that our mailboxes (because we have those) had something in them. Opening the mailbox, two packages were sitting in there. I took one that had my name on it. The school mascot was on the box so I knew it was something the school sent us. Walking into the dorm, Estelle rushed over to me. "Calm down ding dong." I say pushing her back with my leg. She yips at me several times in a row like a husky. I roll my eyes playfully grinning. Luna flutters over to us and perches on my ear. I beamed at her. Best moth ever. I sat the package onto the couch and Estelle jumped on next to me. I opened the package to be greeted by fine tissue paper. Just what I ordered. I tore past the tissue paper and gasped. It was my uniform!

We're given uniforms for formal school events (not counting the school dances, and yes we have those) to wear so that everyone has formal attire available to them. The best part was, they were actually gorgeous! You know how? Because you could customize them! That's one of the many reasons why I love this school so much. Pastel blue and lavender are our school colors, so we can't change that, but we can change the main color of the uniform. We can choose white, light gray, dark gray, and black. The accenting patterns have to have the school colors though. I don't mind though, since I love both of those colors. We can choose what the sleeves look like, shoe design, and for girls, we can choose to have skirts or dress pants and we can choose the skirt designs. Ties are also optional for girls, and come in different designs too.

My order was exactly what I had requested, and it was even better finally seeing it in person rather than a vector clipart on a screen. Content with it, I put it back in the box it came in and decided to set it in my room in my egg chair to try on later. I decided to sit back and relax.The weekend approached like an army force coming to war. It was here before I felt like I had the open chance to blink.

Scrolling along through my phone, switching social media pages and such, I ended up getting a text from Zach asking if me and The Bois (we decided to name our fantastic four a dumb name) wanted to hang out in the Village. I responded saying that if nothing else, I would go. "Hey!! Bella!" I called over at my wall. "Yeah??" She yells back. "Wanna hang out with Zach? I'll text Bright and ask her too!" I yelled back. "Sure!!" She yells back. "Kay!!" I yell back, texting Zach to tell him Bella would join in. I opened Bright's contact and went to send her the invite, when I decided to type in Zach and Bella's contact names to create a group chat. I changed the group name to "The Bepis Bois" and sent out the invite information. Bright ended up saying yes. I got up and changed into some more appropriate clothes and fixed up my hair a bit. Estelle followed me around and when I got the door, she yipped at me. I knelt down and gave her a big hug, grabbed my galactic backpack and went out the door. Bella was outside the door waiting for me, so we walked together.

Finally getting to the Village at the planned time, the two of us sat down around a bench close to the entry and waited around for Zach. Bright joined us about five minutes later, and soon Zach flew up to us. "Sorry, probably should've told you I was around one of the stores. Let's go have a blast now!" He says, and we all start off in a sprint and run around laughing and smiling like a bunch of four year olds.

A couple of hours pass and we decide to stop by a cafe. "This is a fantastic first weekend!" Bella says looking around the swank cafe. "Right? This place is huge and has plenty to offer as well." Bright says, glancing at the sweet treats by the ordering counter. I grinned as I took a sip from my cup. Something caught my eye and before I knew it, I choked on my drink.

At a table by one of the windows, he had his MacBook and a notebook and pencil laid out with a drink behind the computer. Wearing a navy blue sweater and jeans, he studied his screen in a focused manner, reading and clicking away. He would stop to write things on occasion. It was him. Adam Young.

I stared wide eyed, holding a hand to my mouth as I felt my cheeks heat a bit, but unfortunately it became noticeable because then Bella asks, "What's up with you? You're a bit flushed, Lil." "A-Ah!! I-It's nothing!!" I said looking away. "Awww!!! Does Lily have a crush!!" Bright gushes excitedly. My blush deepened just hearing those words. "SHHH!!!" I shushed her, putting a hand over my mouth. "So the wolf does, huh? Who were you sta—" Bella stops mid sentence, watching behind me. "Oh." She says, her voice dropping in realization. Great. I stared at the floor in embarrassment. This couldn't have been more horrible of a situation. I couldn't like someone that was so out of my league like a semi-famous artist!! "You're lucky he's surrounded in his own little world whenever he's writing a song, or else he totally could've heard you." I spat annoyed. "Well technically, there's still a chance he could've heard you." Zach says not looking up from his phone. "S-SHUSH DON'T MAKE ME THINK OF THAT!!" I whisper-screamed hastily waving my hands frantically. I slowed down and looked back behind me and looking at him made it seem like sparks were floating around him. A shine sparkled in my eye, and the other three saw it too. He suddenly turned around in our general direction. My heart dropped and my head whipped back around quickly, feeling my face burn. I stared at my drink as Bella was holding in a laugh.

We got up and paid for our stuff once we were finished. I passed by Adam but ended up brushing his shoulder and I heard a small whine escape my throat. My eyes widened and I felt my face heat up, and the second I looked back, I instantly wished I hadn't. Our eyes clicked and we watched each other's eyes for a second. I snapped into reality and rushed to look away and hurried to my group that was leaving me behind. I held my cheeks in my hands embarrassed, eyes glued to the floor as I ran to the door. What just happened?!!I finally caught up with everyone. "Girl, what just happened?" Bella asks intrigued. "Yeah, you suddenly just stopped next to your boyfriend and-" "KYAAAHHHHH!!!! W-WHAT THE HECK WE AREN'T DATING WE DON'T EVEN KNOW EACH OTHER AND WE'VE BARELY TALKED AND..." I rambled and rambled, blushing madly at her statement. Bright busts out laughing. "Chill, G! I was only kidding!" She says holding in more laughter.

We kept walking out the door as I continued to internally scream at everything. While I did wish the girls would cut it out, I was totally loving the new life we had.